JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the J8 master cylinder and booster is one of the better routes to go for the brakes I'm running.
P5160050
however I run an AEV hemi. Anyone out there running the J8 setup with an hemi? does the booster fit?
or- anyone have the J8 booster that is willing to pull a few measurements off of it for me so I can see if it will fit? The AEV kit moves the steering shaft closer to the booster and thats the concern. Anyone pull a diameter and width off the J8 booster for me?
thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the jk8 master/booster and with an LS swap it all fits fine. I would ditch the hemi to solve the problem. :glasses:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why didnt I think of that??????? lol
did you have to move the steering shaft at all with the LS swap?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
No steering shaft mods at all. Clears with room to spare. I don't have comparison pics, from what I remember the booster and master are both longer than stock but not sure about diameter.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That bolt on the steering shaft is the part that gets the closest to the booster and it comes within roughly 3/4" of the booster.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No steering shaft mods at all. Clears with room to spare. I don't have comparison pics, from what I remember the booster and master are both longer than stock but not sure about diameter.
could I talk you into throwing a tape measure around it?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I can't get a tape around it. I've got too much shit between it and the driver fender.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't get a tape around it. I've got too much shit between it and the driver fender.

DK, I found out the AEV kit moves the entry into the firewall about 3/4" toward booster. That joint stays about the same. Any way to tell at the firewall how much room you have? the hose blocks it in the pic. Maybe top down?

thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
photo credit goes to a facebook group called 'JK-FourPLay'
Diameters look similar but definitely deeper.
DKjeep any way I can talk you into a pic at te firewall showing the distance between the steering and booster?vthe current one the hose is right in the way, maybe top down?

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the jk8 master/booster and with an LS swap it all fits fine. I would ditch the hemi to solve the problem. :glasses:
That was damn funny! Quote of the week!!!

I too am running an LS and J8 master/booster without issues. if I get mine back tonight I can help with pics and measurements. The J8 is a HUGE increase in brake performance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was damn funny! Quote of the week!!!

I too am running an LS and J8 master/booster without issues. if I get mine back tonight I can help with pics and measurements. The J8 is a HUGE increase in brake performance.
thanks, I think I've got it figured out. AEV confirmed that the bolt that DK mentions (in his pic) is going to be the tightest spot. Based off all the info I've found, I think it will fit, might have to clearance that bolt head or use a low profile bolt but should fit.

Anyone know enough about booster to know if we clearance the booster at that spot will it affect anything? by clearance I mean beat it with hammer till it clears the bolt:)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
thanks, I think I've got it figured out. AEV confirmed that the bolt that DK mentions (in his pic) is going to be the tightest spot. Based off all the info I've found, I think it will fit, might have to clearance that bolt head or use a low profile bolt but should fit.

Anyone know enough about booster to know if we clearance the booster at that spot will it affect anything? by clearance I mean beat it with hammer till it clears the bolt:)

The bolt can be replaced with a lower profile head bolt or just ground down.

I can NOT under any circumstances suggest beating, grinding, or clearancing the booster in any fashion. It's relitively thin and you need it to hold vacuum.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bolt can be replaced with a lower profile head bolt or just ground down.

I can NOT under any circumstances suggest beating, grinding, or clearancing the booster in any fashion. It's relitively thin and you need it to hold vacuum.....

yeah I was kidding about the beating part. low profile bolt should be fine. Actually recieved a few pics today that look like the regular bolt will be fine. thanks a ton for your input!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am running a 6.4 Hemi in my jeep and had to move the steering shaft over. Everything fits with the J8 booster.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts