JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
At least every version works better than the 1st, (which was pretty good) and is 50 state legal. So this is money well spent if legal and better matter.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have the original JW Speaker and those things are phenomenal over stock. Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong

Only thing I would look to get on JW is the dual burn while in high-beam. Not that you lose that much, but you do lose some close distance when you switch over to high beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong
THIS^. Headlights don't need a radio - they're fucking headlights :laughing:​

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bluetooth for your headlight sounds like a gimmick and something else to go wrong
THIS^. Headlights don't need a radio - they're fucking headlights <a href="http://www.jkowners.com/forum/images/smilies/laughing.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Laughing" >:)</a>​
Hahaha soo true! I’m all down for brighter and better lights but let’s take the Bluetooth out and bring the price down. Figure out another way to manage the brighter “Offroad” mode

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jesus that's a ridiculous price. It's too bad Morimoto stopped making that Sealed7 HID housing. I have it on my TJ and it's amazing. Can't get over the hotspots and uneven lighting pattern of normal priced LED housings. HID projectors have so much better wash and coverage. And you can go 4300k which is a VERY warm color. IT's like white with a slight yellow and was the preferred OSRAM color temp used by most all OEM equipped vehicles for many years.

I'm sure these new JW's have a beautiful wash, and coverage. But $1000? Gtfoh.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow...so much for Moore's law on pricing coming down for products over time.
We are talking Wrangler parts here. Wranglers, or the "I'm gonna ask for full KBB on CL for a salvage title vehicle because it's only got 9k miles on it" Jeep model.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts

No different than the JKs,TJ,YJs before it, the JL and JT bunches have noobs and moolah. Since FCA is providing improved headlighting , JWS has to have something to hook em in with...
Apps will control everything ....these probably have the foundation circuitry and fireare to possibly later be equipped with an IP address and MAC address... thus could be considered a device on the IoT easy-enough... hypothetical communication with an entire fleet of vehicles headlights ? A mass firmware upgrade...it's coming , if not these...
People lemme tell ya , when the grid goes down , we gonna be in deep trouble..

Fwiw, these are roughly $250 headlamps and tech. The markup is bordering-upon sinfully overpriced. Yet people will pay and pay...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll still be pointing people too the Evo J2. With there duel burn Hi/Lo and integrated anti flicker, and a $450 out the door price. They are tough to beat. Only reason I went with the Vision X is because the J1 didn’t have the Duel burn and I could get a adapter for the VX. But I definitely paid for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
I’ll still be pointing people too the Evo J2. With there duel burn Hi/Lo and integrated anti flicker, and a $450 out the door price. They are tough to beat. Only reason I went with the Vision X is because the J1 didn’t have the Duel burn and I could get a adapter for the VX. But I definitely paid for it.

Now, 225 per light isn't stupendously expensive. That is kinda reasonable for the quality you receive.
$500 bucks per headlight is absurd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, yes, I have recently installed the J3 headlights, I have no issues with standard functions like turn signals, low beam, hi beam and they give fine light coverage on the road.
However:
- you might find them new for much less $ on ebay and Amazon but jw will not provide warranty if purchased from those two sources. Says on their website. Caveat emptor.
- DRL: I thought I would get daytime running lights function with the J3's but apparently if your jeep does not support this function with stock headlights, it will not work with the J3 either. I have a 2012 jku Sahara.
- BT & J-link app: I tried to connect 3 different Android devices (phone, tablet, Dasaita Max6) and can intermittently find the J3 headlamps and pair, but then cannot connect to them to control the lights via the app. JW Speaker's tech support says they are working on it:
"We understand that the Android platform has multiple different systems for the different manufacturers and that can cause difficulties with many apps. We are currently working out the initial bugs of the first version and this is at the top of our list for the next version rollout."

Was going to get the trail6 Pro fog lamps but holding off until the Jlink app & Bluetooth connectivity is fixed.

I'm new here on the forum and having alot of fun with my JKU. Learned alot from the posts here and hope I can contribute something useful to someone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
690 Posts
I plan on getting the J3 along with the Trail 6 Pro eventually. The light output looks to be phenomenal when using the app.

I always wait until a product has been out in the market for some time before deciding on finally purchasing it. This way the beta testers can let you know the issues if any. And with @texassaltfly stating there is problems with the android app, it's not surprising there are some issues as the product was recently released.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 Rubicon and surfing the internet to find a solution to connect my EVO J3 to BT on a s10+ was able to get one to connect and see trail mode but the other one just pinwheel. Seems l recall the set up did not all me to select both, but one at a time. Was hoping to find a solution here and texassaltfly touched on it but I have a solution for the DRL. Simply hook up the red wire to a key on circuit and waalaa DRL come on. The orange wire the the blinker hot and good to go. Both of these wires seek ground on the main headlight ground. Hope this helps the older rigs come to the new standard of DRL. Anyone with details on their app and how to get both lights to function as a pair please respond.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts

I am not interested from a POV as prospective customer for these headlamps being discussed however, if I paid $1000 range for the " JWSpeaker" latest model which features a Bluetooth control module option , I'd be hopping mad that a company who pulls in as much top-end as they must didn't spring for a measly developer for both mobile platforms drivers & firmwares to be maintained.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts