JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come. Was saving the Jeep to use with my Son when he was old enough but another kid + 2 unsuitable cars + possibly a new house means it's time to let go. I have not been active here for several years and don't know the market, especially with modified Jeeps. Hoping some of you can give me a realistic street value/listing value for private sale.

2009 2Dr X Jeep Green, Automatic
51,000 miles, 20,000 on doors ;), Garage Kept
Unfortunately, very few trail miles, Florida owned/trails
Linex'd tub
4" Rancho lift on 35" Firestone MTRs with ~50% life
ARB Cover in Rear
5.13 Gears
Superchips
Full JL Audio System (MSRP $3500) w/ stock head unit (was concerned about theft in Miami) (MHD 900/5 Amp, CL441DSP signal processor with factory radio (concerned about theft in Miami w/o doors) C5-650 Seperates for Fronts (dynolined factory speaker box), MX770-CCX-SG-TB 7.7” rear speakers in factory location (also dynolined) FS110-W5-SG-TB Subwoofer mounted to Tuffy deck behind drivers seat.
Optima Yellow Top w/ Battery Tender and custom accessory block with Circuit breaker for quick disconnect of accessories and spare leads ran behind glovebox for easy expansion.
Drake Hood latches
K&N Filter
Cibie Headlights with HID's in both Headlights and fogs (5000k? headlights, 3000k fogs)
PIAA 520 Lights
Bulldog Stubby Front Bumper w/Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch
LoD Rear bumper w/tire mount
Finishline West Stonehenge Series Rock Rails
Tuffy Smart Deck installed (Original Rear Seats never used kept in-house)
Wet Olke Seat Covers
Tatton 1310 Driveshafts with <1000 Miles
Spider Shades mesh top, Factory Soft cover/windows stored but no guarantees can be made on fitment/looks as I haven’t used it in ages.
Farmjack
Halcron Fire Extinguisher (3-4 years old but still shows good charge)

There is a minor dent in the Right Rear quarter panel where some idiot (me) left the tire unlatched while pulling out of the driveway. Not huge but noticeable I was either going to throw armor over it or get it pulled.

I also have factory X bumper somewhere, ~30k miles on it if I had to guess?

I appreciate any help or insight ya'll may be able to give.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts

geolocation makes a little difference but as thedirtman said, on good day you could snag 16-16,500 & if you concede to a low-ball offer you'll take around $13k, $14.5k...

GLWS

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was Offered Trade-In at 13k. For that I'd rather uninstall the stereo and put back to factory. Parting out seems to be a pain. . .was hoping for more the 17k range TBH

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The biggest draw back I see, is it's a 2 door. No one wants a 2 door anymore unless you are a hardcore rock guy. If it was a 4 door, you would be looking more in the price range you think.

13k is a pretty good trade in. When I was looking at JLUR's last year, I got a 12k trade in on my 10 2 door with stick. Trade-in is never going to be friendly either. You are much better off to private sell it, but it obviously takes time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
and mods for some people dont add any value....for example I put no value on any stereo equipment because to me thats just a bunch of stuff I have to remove

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know how old your oldest is but you aren't getting a jeep like that for 13k. It is too bad you can't keep it. Get another job and buy it from yourself.

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts

whomever offered 13k for OPs JK OBVIOUSLY did not see the rear pssgr side; that JKO vinyl adds a few grand to KBB trade-in value, at least I'm pretty sure of that.....:thankyou:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am new on this site and a new owner of a 09 X 2door. I got it with 96K on it and it needs some TLC.

I paid 12,500 and it will need exhaust next year and maybe a new soft top. Happy with it so far since this is my first Jeep at the young age of 68.

Good luck in selling yours at a price you need to get from it.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts