JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
HUMMER...? China...? Who cares?

I mean, it's great that GM and its dealers got it resolved. But HUMMER is totally irrelevant to me: their vehicles are f-ugly, overweight, inefficient and overpriced, driven by image-confused soccer moms with more money than common sense, to shopping malls all over america.

HUMMER was never a sustainable brand, anyway. It was well timed badge-engineering as GM sought to profit from the images of HUMVEEs pouring into our homes at the height of the war. So they took a Chevy Tahoe --or Colorado, mounted a quasi-HUMVEE-looking body on the frame, and doubled its weight and its price. Once their novelty wore off, HUMMERs began to be seen for what they really are...

Who knows, maybe China plans to keep offering mall shoppers all over America the means of transportation to get to WalMart to continue buying their cr*p...:D

The farther it goes, the better IMO...! :beer:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
HUMMER...? China...? Who cares?

I mean, it's great that GM and its dealers got it resolved. But HUMMER is totally irrelevant to me: their vehicles are f-ugly, overweight, inefficient and overpriced, driven by image-confused soccer moms with more money than common sense, to shopping malls all over america.

HUMMER was never a sustainable brand, anyway. It was well timed badge-engineering as GM sought to profit from the images of HUMVEEs pouring into our homes at the height of the war. So they took a Chevy Tahoe --or Colorado, mounted a quasi-HUMVEE-looking body on the frame, and doubled its weight and its price. Once their novelty wore off, HUMMERs began to be seen for what they really are...

Who knows, maybe China plans to keep offering mall shoppers all over America the means of transportation to get to WalMart to continue buying their cr*p...:D

The farther it goes, the better IMO...! :beer:

Im with you. I just dont know what the heck china is going to do with hummer. why would they even want it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is that current? I read that the sale did not happen about a week ago or so and that is why the factory stopped making the hummers about 2 weeks ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts