JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore my supraspinatus tendon right where it attaches to my arm. The surgeon said it is holding by just a few fibers. He has to complete the tear 100%, create what he called "bleeding surfaces", anchor the tendon to the once, and then suture it to compress it. 4-6 weeks of recovery time + 4 months physical therapy.

It's not the surgery I mind nor the pain of recovery and therapy, I just wish it wouldn't take so long.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
amen brother! I have an "unstable" shoulder and have to have surgery as well on my right shoulder! UGH Let me know how it goes...I hear it's a 6 month recovery process! Gonna suck to drive my Jeep with a manual but I will manage! :D Rather endure the pain and drive my Jeep then to watch it sitting for 6 months if I can still move my arm enough to switch gears!! :D

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Good luck with everything guys... had my rotator cuff fixed... wouldn't want to do it again... can't imagine what they are going to do to you.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Best of luck to you guys! I'm am afraid to go to the doctor about my right shoulder. I tripped in a pothole jogging and busted my ass! It seems to be improving but at a very slow rate. :shaking:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
It'll work out fine guys. The docs are really good at this now. My ex is an RN in an OR and they do nothing but joint fixes / replacements. 99.9% go perfect.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
That sucks.....I hear those are some of the worst to have to go through (outside of back surgery, of course). Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. Take it easy in rehab and get yourselves strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts