JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...however , there are some modern amenities & consumer design concepts making it to market that answer viable needs.

While it is not a truly "New Product" that I'm referencing here, it is a product that myself & from what I have learned quite a few others use in this Jeep/crawler/buggy/offroad/racing/rock-bouncer/baja/truggy-centric world we inhabit along with our chosen vehicle.

Thus, I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

(I know I personally gripe 3-4 times annually about the quart-bottle size that is unique to this company, since they do not fit well into nice Artec carrier trays & I always have a few qts propped up under my spare or seats in back. That doesn't even include the PITA of trying to fill through the side port on my OX diff covers or formerly my G2s covers where the quart jugs wouldn't fit so I always used one of those cheap little white pumps = argh! :mad: )

so, it was a pleasant surprise to see my gear-oil of choice being offered in much improved packaging today:

way to go, imho, Amsoil.

It is on their online order page of the website , along with the standard quart containers .

:jeep2:

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
101 Posts
Things like this just make you go.....duuuurrrrr. WTF took so long. And then you remember that we live in America and you know damn well someone is gonna drink that and sue claiming they thought it was a juice pouch or some dumb crap like that. That reminds me I need to change my gear oil. I also kind of want juice now.:thefinger: Thanks @j3ff3ry_j33p!

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
They could improve it even further by putting a loop on the bottom so you can hang it to drain on its own while you are doing something else. They could also sell the bags ins axle specific sizes so you only need one bag.

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They could improve it even further by putting a loop on the bottom so you can hang it to drain on its own while you are doing something else. They could also sell the bags ins axle specific sizes so you only need one bag.
damn. That is a killer idea.

(edit: for the former, they should just add another one of those hanging loops to the lower end, also. ):jeep2:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
While looking at diff fluid (for the recently purchase diff covers, thanks @j3ff3ry_j33p), my local Amsoil guy send me a those as well. That is clever, but should have come to the market long ago. It's nice they are charging the same price, but Amsoil is proud of their gear fluid so it makes up for the fancy bottle/pouch.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Like an IV for axles.

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
101 Posts
QUOTE=gt1guy;4433224]

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.[/QUOTE]

:laughing2:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while...my wife on the other hand failed to find the humor in it and just stared at me like I have mental issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
QUOTE=gt1guy;4433224]

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.
:laughing2:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while...my wife on the other hand failed to find the humor in it and just stared at me like I have mental issues.[/QUOTE]

the fairer sex aren't genetically coded to find humor in what we do. They can't -mostly- conceptualize even simple mechanical geometry as it applies to Jeeps or offroad.

example: last nite i simply asked my wife -who i adore- to help me make sure my jeep was aligned with trailer as i loaded it up the ramps of a auto-hauler UHaul ; she couldn't do it.

But hey;she is a financial wizard ,beautiful , smart & gets our kids taken care of like i never could.

:jeep2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like resealable packaging.... sometimes if I can't finish let's say a liquid wax, I put it in a different container...then I forget what I added in that container... Hm is this?

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...... Hm is this?
Amsoil.com ---> gearlubes

I don't think it costs but maybe a buck more ? I am inclined to think it's same price as severe gear in plastic juglettes. It's just a new packaging solution that's easier due to refill locations under rigs can be awkward to pour into diff. This makes it much easier....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts