JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This damn thing had an exhaust leak. Driver side for sure, passenger likely. I pulled them to find both cracked as expected. What I did not expect was for the passenger side to fall of after removing 5 bolts. Forward most bolt on passenger side broke off. It was nice enough to leave a stud for me to grab and I got it out. Just seems like every time I need something on this jeep “done by Sunday” or similar fantasy it can always find a way to check my reality and my ego. I am expecting a noticeable improvement in performance now however I still have to find a bolt...on a Sunday IMG_6934.JPG Jeep Life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
I only had 5 bolts remaining on DS. Runs much better post new manifold and all the bolts Check your plugs-mine near the "big" leak/missing bolt head was toast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call, that is definitely worth mentioning. I was replacing them anyway and the plug was toast. It had about 4/50 thousandths gap it needed from the heat.

So not a parts store in town had the bolt dispite their inventory showing they did. I just picked up a M8-1.25 30mm and a washer instead.

I got the Holley Hooker BlackHeart stainless steel shorty headers for replacements. The jeep drives much better now. Lots of power and MPG's are still climbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts