JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 JK Hard Rock with the shitty ol' stock Uconnect 130 head unit. I'm planning to replace it but not for another year or so. In the meantime, I'd like to use it to play music from a thumbdrive stuck into the USB port under the armrest. The problem is, the radio doesn't seem to recognize/see/read/whatever the thumbdrive.

Am I getting this wrong and the radio doesn't support such a function, or what? Perhaps the thumbdrive needs to be formatted to a certain file system? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you have the connectivity package, it should read up to a 32gb drive. If not, then it is just a powered USB port for charging I believe. I have the Willys package that automatically gets the connectivity and can read the USB drive for music.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the connectivity package and it works fine. I actually like the head unit.
It does take a while to scan through the thumb drive, but it works and you can use voice search for files on it too like:"play artist disturbed"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have the connectivity package, it should read up to a 32gb drive. If not, then it is just a powered USB port for charging I believe. I have the Willys package that automatically gets the connectivity and can read the USB drive for music.
I do have the connectivity package (bluetooth, handsfree phone, etc...) but it juts doesn't seem to recognize my drive. It's good to know that it's probably a problem with the drive though; thank you for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the connectivity package and it works fine. I actually like the head unit.
It does take a while to scan through the thumb drive, but it works and you can use voice search for files on it too like:"play artist disturbed"
Do I have to tell it to play Disturbed? :grin2:

Really though, thanks for the help. I'm glad it's supposed to work and I'm confident it's just a problem with my USB drive.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do I have to tell it to play Disturbed? :grin2:

Really though, thanks for the help. I'm glad it's supposed to work and I'm confident it's just a problem with my USB drive.
Make sure your drive is formated as FAT32, not NTFS. FAT32 seems to be fairly reliable with Uconnect, while NTFS is hit or miss, mostly miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts