JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The most annoying comment we get from friends and strangers who ask about the Jeep! It's become a private joke now though...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Being yellow I've heard it.
I tell them it is a Hummer Recovery Vehicle.
Then give them the HI SIGN:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yup, pretty much immediately got the same response. I really like that I got the hummer look for less. I am going to get that new hood add on that will make it more like it. I am going to see if the dealership will order me some of the Original H3 stickers for it too.

:thefinger:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Yeah right after we got it our IT guy commented "those things are cute, like a baby hummer".:shaking: Really doesn't bother me though.

I once read a guy said he parked next to an H2. The owner got out and said "oh a poor man's Hummer". Now that would really make you :pissed:. I thought of a great comeback in case it ever happened to me.

No you bought a poor man's hummer, this is a REAL Jeep.:thefinger:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Couple of my GF's friends have made the "looks like a cute little hummer" comment, didnt bother me.

What did was when my neighbors 8 year old was playing in the back of my Jeep in the driveway and an H3 drove by all chromed out and he said,"WOW that guy must be RICH, that's the coolest truck ever!" I asked him what he thought my Jeep cost and he said "Two thousand dollars?" I know he's only 8, I'll make sure I take him out with me next time I go wheelin and make a fan out of him.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My neighbor asked if it was a hummer... I asked if the TRD on the side of his Toyota meant turd instead.:thefinger:to hummers

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got the "poor man Hummer" from my buddy & his family. I laughed at them. I see people on public assistance that drive Escalade's-and they drive a Durango. They are still bent over the Rubicon cops calling their vehicle a "mini-van". Now THAT was Priceless.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had the "Baby Hummer" comment and I am tempted to repeat the bumper sticker I saw recently "If I wanted a hummer, I would have asked your sister".

Just waiting for the next comment.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I don't get the Hummer hatred, but did get a comment that brought a smile to my face recently, "That's what a Hummer wishes it was" :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
There is no hate, I just want people to know the difference. simple.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Duke your a traitor:thefinger:to all fake Hummers the real one is the H1 like I drove in Desert Storm.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I freakin wore out an H1 while in the Army.... they actually retired it when we got back from Iraq (the easy one).... it was cool but I still like my Jeep better than anything else that I have owned. My dad bought one of the H3s several years back and I have never been a fan. Would rather drive the wife's Tahoe... he sold the hummer and bought a 2dr jeep... I wish I had taken it off his hands when he sold it...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts