JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering: some Wrangler JK online retailers say "with air conditioning".

Mopar-Serpentine-Belt.jpg

Does it mean that there are two different serpentine belts? Will that one work if a Wrangler JK doesn't have A/C?

It's a bit confusing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty certain the belt for "with air conditioning" models will be longer due to having to go around the additional pulley on the AC Compressor

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Funny I can't find a damm serpenting belt without A/C for a jeep.

but yes with A/C should be longer. From what I can tell they are about 87.5 inches

·
Registered
97 Posts
Logic was telling me shorter however just went to RockAuto and they only list one belt and no option for with or without AC. I then looked for Idler Pulleys and there is an idler pulley listed as "Air Conditioning Bypass". So guessing the one person above must be correct that AC-less jeeps probably have additional idler in place of where the AC pump would be.

Reactions: thelonejeeper

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok it's the same

I spent the whole day trying to find a Wrangler JK owner who doesn't have A/C but using the Bando 6PK2225 (like mine). You were right guys about the idler pulley. So, there's only one serpentine belt for the JK 2007-2018, not two different lengths.

41vDY2TzB+L._SY463_.jpg

Gosh, that information was nowhere to be found on Google. That's incredible.

It's on JKOwners.com now. You rule.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Funny I can't find a damm serpenting belt without A/C for a jeep.

but yes with A/C should be longer. From what I can tell they are about 87.5 inches

I have likely posted this unnecessarily,Gunny ( I haven't read past your comment in the thread yet, whts new.. :rolleyes: )
but, have a gander at this here link and see if ya don't find belts for and also several for non A/C. equipped 3.8s

:wink_animate:

:jeep2:

·
Registered
4,525 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thought I'd seen somewhere that those without AC have an idler where the compressor would have been. But I could be wrong.
This is correct. I mistakenly bought the pully where the a/c would go when I was changing out my idler pulleys (there are two for pentastars btw). I couldn't figure out where this pulley went until someone told me its for jeeps without a/c. OP while replacing your belt its a good idea to replace those two idler pulleys while your in there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have time to snap a quick picture of how it's routed?
Does any body have a pick or a belt diagram of the pentastar without AC. Thinking of deleting my AC on my 2014 as the compressor is rattling when engaged. Want to put the ac bypass pulley but I cant find any documentation on how to do it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recenty changed my idler pulley, tensioner pulley, and belt. I looked online and there were two different example of routing methods...and yet, when I installed my belt, I had to route it differently than any of the ones I found in order to make it fit - too long otherwise! Works fine though. I got the belt from Autozone "with AC". First pic is routed the way I found the old belt - and you can see the new belt is too long. Second pic is the only way that worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
no - it fits the way I routed it and it says it's the right part no - but my point is that I don't think there is one "right" way to route the belt, AC or no AC notwithstanding.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Hmmm, I don't even know. I think that probably not. I don't know , though. It is better to contact some air conditioning repair. They will give one hundred percent correct advice. My life experience has shown me that it is better to turn to professionals than to follow advice from the Internet. I remember how long ago my air conditioner broke down at home and I decided to ask for advice on the Internet. So I broke my air conditioner even more because I listened to these tips. It is good that my friend recommended these guys aircon servicing. Otherwise, without their help, I would never have fixed my air conditioner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts