JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty certain the belt for "with air conditioning" models will be longer due to having to go around the additional pulley on the AC Compressor

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Funny I can't find a damm serpenting belt without A/C for a jeep.

but yes with A/C should be longer. From what I can tell they are about 87.5 inches

·
Registered
97 Posts
Logic was telling me shorter however just went to RockAuto and they only list one belt and no option for with or without AC. I then looked for Idler Pulleys and there is an idler pulley listed as "Air Conditioning Bypass". So guessing the one person above must be correct that AC-less jeeps probably have additional idler in place of where the AC pump would be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok it's the same

I spent the whole day trying to find a Wrangler JK owner who doesn't have A/C but using the Bando 6PK2225 (like mine). You were right guys about the idler pulley. So, there's only one serpentine belt for the JK 2007-2018, not two different lengths.

41vDY2TzB+L._SY463_.jpg

Gosh, that information was nowhere to be found on Google. That's incredible.

It's on JKOwners.com now. You rule.

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Funny I can't find a damm serpenting belt without A/C for a jeep.

but yes with A/C should be longer. From what I can tell they are about 87.5 inches

I have likely posted this unnecessarily,Gunny ( I haven't read past your comment in the thread yet, whts new.. :rolleyes: )
but, have a gander at this here link and see if ya don't find belts for and also several for non A/C. equipped 3.8s

:wink_animate:

:jeep2:

·
Registered
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thought I'd seen somewhere that those without AC have an idler where the compressor would have been. But I could be wrong.
This is correct. I mistakenly bought the pully where the a/c would go when I was changing out my idler pulleys (there are two for pentastars btw). I couldn't figure out where this pulley went until someone told me its for jeeps without a/c. OP while replacing your belt its a good idea to replace those two idler pulleys while your in there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have time to snap a quick picture of how it's routed?
Does any body have a pick or a belt diagram of the pentastar without AC. Thinking of deleting my AC on my 2014 as the compressor is rattling when engaged. Want to put the ac bypass pulley but I cant find any documentation on how to do it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts