JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site as of today and have been not very impressed with the amount of traffic on it. Is it just a slow time? Or is this how it always is? Not trying to cause any issues, just wondering.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Tonight has been pretty slow. However, it is not exactly packed around here yet either. i agree with you in reagards to the traffic, this site will be a lot nicer once there is a post every time you hit refresh. :D. I have noticed that it is busiest around here during the week. It slows down on the weekends quite a bit. After about 10:00pm it really slows down also.

This site is still in its infantsy. There is only 1,371 members right now. I have been on many forums over the years and I do feel there is a lot of traffic here for only having 1300 members.

I like the feel of this forum though. There is a strong foundation of great personalities here. Lots of regulars and some very high levels of knowledge I have had the pleasure of learning from. I am excited to see this site grow and have no doubts it will be the "Pirate4x4" of the JK world. After being around here for nearly a year now, I have witnessed a majority of the growth on this forum (There was only 100 members when I joined!). I can say it is really blowing up latley and has been picking up a lot of steam. I wouldn't be surprised to see it double in size by the end of the summer.

I think many here would agree this is a great place to call home, even if the post rate is a little slow :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess I just need to be a little more patient. I just enjoy conversing with other jeepers because there are many that have a greater knowledge of jeeping then I do.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I toatally agree with you. I am on here way to often myself. Drives me nuts sometimes when there is no new posts. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother logging on, lol. I think you are right though, with a little patience this forum will blow up and this waiting game will be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Patience friend...in about a year, you will wonder..."WTF was I thinking"...(sic)...with wasteoflife's penchant for stomping out the best of the best, I believe we will have atleast 75% of those who had the balls to face the monster joining our elite group.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nice! :grinpimp:

tempted to put that in the "quotes" thread :beer:
By all means do...I am highly quotable.....:thefinger:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tonight has been pretty slow. However, it is not exactly packed around here yet either. i agree with you in reagards to the traffic, this site will be a lot nicer once there is a post every time you hit refresh. :D. I have noticed that it is busiest around here during the week. It slows down on the weekends quite a bit. After about 10:00pm it really slows down also.

This site is still in its infantsy. There is only 1,371 members right now. I have been on many forums over the years and I do feel there is a lot of traffic here for only having 1300 members.

I like the feel of this forum though. There is a strong foundation of great personalities here. Lots of regulars and some very high levels of knowledge I have had the pleasure of learning from. I am excited to see this site grow and have no doubts it will be the "Pirate4x4" of the JK world. After being around here for nearly a year now, I have witnessed a majority of the growth on this forum (There was only 100 members when I joined!). I can say it is really blowing up latley and has been picking up a lot of steam. I wouldn't be surprised to see it double in size by the end of the summer.

I think many here would agree this is a great place to call home, even if the post rate is a little slow :beer::beer::beer:
Well said - I also agree that the site has been gaining members quickly lately and the increasing post rates are sure to follow.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It's actually picked up a lot since I joined here. This is the only site where I participate. I like the "edgy feel" here. There are a couple other sites where people get offended to easily.

Oh....and it still has that new forum smell.

A

·
0 Posts
This place is gaining traffic almost weekly now. Wasteoflife’s forum is more like a vender showcase, this forum seems to be much more about real mods (not painting bits of the dash), wheeling and using JKs for what they were built for.

Example:
JK-Forum “Does a Rubicon have a tissue holder?”, “Cool pics of my stock Jeep in the drive way (note the painted dash)”.

JK-Owners “What do you think about an Atlas II?”, “Cool pics of my Jeep on Pritchett Canyon”.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I like how everyone is using my copyrighted term..."wasteoflife"....gosh this forum is gonna' be huge....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Once agian not definding that other site but I am glad it is still there and I can search the write-up section. Last year I saw a write up on a method to seal above the doors using a safari top. As the jeep is now my deidcated daily driver I needed that info because I was tired of having the top back on. I will try my best to remember to take pictures and put a writeup of it here myself once I get the time to do it (if I do busy weekend I just got about 30 min breathing time to cool off).

I will say this place can take off and be a good resource as soon as the membership starts posting a lot more of the usefull stuff. Not to say there is not stuff here just not enough yet to make many of us want to call it our one and only home.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Atleast the repetitive BS is at a bare minimum here...folks here seem to do their research before posting phucktard questions like how do I shave my doors, or for the umpteenth time, "...which BB is the best...", or how do I get a stain off my seats, or my chassis is rusting....I gotta' death wobble...it only happened after I put on my spacers...what's your favorite color....man....it's old...

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Atleast the repetitive BS is at a bare minimum here...folks here seem to do their research before posting phucktard questions like how do I shave my doors, or for the umpteenth time, "...which BB is the best...", or how do I get a stain off my seats, or my chassis is rusting....I gotta' death wobble...it only happened after I put on my spacers...what's your favorite color....man....it's old...
Don't forget the 38 threads dedicated to the cost of gas that always find their way to the top.:shaking:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yeah...the gas threads...phuctard puts on over 2000 pounds of mods...6" lifts, 37" tires, steel wheels, full under carriage armor, front and rear 4 figure steel bumpers, congo cage, full interior cage, and a freaking winch...then they whine that their gas mileage sucks...WTF..........

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I feel like the greenhorn here, Since i asked a few of these questions. :(

But oh well, The only dumb question is the one not asked.

A

·
0 Posts
Yeah...the gas threads...phuctard puts on over 2000 pounds of mods...6" lifts, 37" tires, steel wheels, full under carriage armor, front and rear 4 figure steel bumpers, congo cage, full interior cage, and a freaking winch...then they whine that their gas mileage sucks...WTF..........
Holy ****! Is that why I don’t get good gas millage?

Thanks, I’d never have figured that out for myself :beer::thefinger::thefinger::grinpimp:

·
Registered
899 Posts
:laughing2:

I have met a few of those people in person. When I hear them talking about mileage, I begin to wonder why they bought a Jeep :confused: . I know that gas is expensive, but if mileage is one of your bigger concerns then why did you get a Jeep as your DD?

G

·
0 Posts
I have to admit that the information density at this site seems to have fallen off quite a bit lately. It seems like we've started replacing good technical and trail information with a lot of bitc*ing and and a heavy touch of the blow hard loud mouth.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts