JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with Expedition One? I am looking to get a rear bumper and tire carrier and need one that is easy to open, often. I have to open and close the tail gate on the Jeep 8 to 10 times a day. My dog Stanley can't get in out without help and he is too heavy to reach in through the back doors to hoist him out that way.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have both there front and rear bumpers, and i love both. I've nothing but great service, and the rear swing out design is awesome and i have never had a problem with it.

I strongly recomend them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback everyone. This bumper made it the end of my short list. It looks like a great product.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone know of a good price on the expedition one rear bumper and swing away tire carrier. The best price I could find is 4x4 Group Buy for $1274.93 plus $185.00 s/h. Total $1459.93 to Detroit area.:shaking:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have the rear bumper / carrier. it is very well put together and i like it, only issue is that when i hit bumps on the road the weight of the tire makes the tailgate jump up and down making a clunk. this is the only flaw in the design with the carrier being attached to the tailgate. mind you, it is not squeaking or rattling all the time, just makes a noticeable clunk when you hit a bump. not enough to drive you crazy, just a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
i have the rear bumper / carrier. it is very well put together and i like it, only issue is that when i hit bumps on the road the weight of the tire makes the tailgate jump up and down making a clunk. this is the only flaw in the design with the carrier being attached to the tailgate. mind you, it is not squeaking or rattling all the time, just makes a noticeable clunk when you hit a bump. not enough to drive you crazy, just a minor annoyance.
sounds like the same issue Chris is having.
Admittedly, it is minor and not often, but we had a couple of ideas to try on adjusting the gate and see if we can minimize the clunk

·
Registered
343 Posts
My dog Stanley can't get in out without help and he is too heavy to reach in through the back doors to hoist him out that way.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Kind of have the same problem with my pup. I have a deck built-in to the rear though so she cant get in that way. I keep the strap off the rear passenger door so it swings all the way open and keep a plastic milk crate in the back to set down on the ground for her to use as a step. Shes got the drill down pretty good now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
sounds like the same issue Chris is having.
Admittedly, it is minor and not often, but we had a couple of ideas to try on adjusting the gate and see if we can minimize the clunk

even with the clunk i still love the bumper/carrier. if we figure out how to adjust the tailgate to tighten it up we'll let ya know :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts