JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UConnect Module / iPhone hookup coming next week. Need to know a good way / place to mount the iPhone so it's 'seeable' for GPS / playlists, but not interfering with any controls. Would prefer NOT to mount in on-dash or windshield. Any thoughts / pix? Oh yeah, I have power windows, so this limits the options.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have the rugged ridge dash organizer. I just clip my phone to it with my belt clip/holder.

Message spread by Paul Revere

·
Registered
157 Posts
i went with a cooltech versa mount and then added the magellan gps holder for the iphone, works great and is out of the way but still see it plain as day

good luck

·
Registered
5,114 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Proclip

It has a pass thru connector built into the cradle so if you have a cable going to your stereo etc, you dont have to mess with wires and plugging in and unplugging etc. Works alot like a docking station. Charges the phone and sends audio/video to the stereo.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I like this idea.... anyone use this in their JK?
Not that exact one but I do use a ram mount for my iPhone and a ram mount for my garmin gps.

This is the mount I have for the iPhone.
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-Suction-iPhone/dp/B0049SQALM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346296953&sr=8-2&keywords=iPhone+ram+mount

If you go to the ram mount web site you can also configure a mount that would best suit how you want to mount it.

IMO the best mounts out there AND they are made in the USA!

·
Registered
66 Posts
or check out Vector Offroad. i have their MP table and some UFOs, but they sell a "JKE Dock" that mounts nicely above the dash and is compatible with the RAM mounts, so you can add multiple devices.

·
V8 dreams
3,567 Posts
There is a new vendor custom making a piece that install on the handle by the glovebox. Think it uses a ram mount. It's for an iPad but I figure it would do iPhone too. Don't know the cost yet, but it's definitely a great mounting spot by the pics posted by others

Vandy

·
Registered
269 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts