JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been waiting a loooooong time to make this happen so I am very happy to see these boxes.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

OBTW... Looking a wee bit more closely shows.... :smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Been waiting a loooooong time to make this happen so I am very happy to see these boxes.
, OBTW... Looking a wee bit more closely shows.... :smokin:

Well now, by the name on them box's, your definitely looking at a "Quality Build Up",...XMAS just a dab early..:beer:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats! You should post those pics over there on Eddie's forum. :D

A

·
0 Posts
Very nice Ipe. You’ll be happy with the lift, I know I am :smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd love to hear more about the staun beadlocks. I've been trying for 2 weeks to no avail to confirm with Staun or ProComp and Centerline (the 2 wheel manufacturers I'm considering) that the wheels I'm looking at will work with the Stauns. What wheels are you using? How did the install go? Any pics?

Oh - and congrats on getting the lift - definitely post pics after the install.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to hear more about the staun beadlocks. I've been trying for 2 weeks to no avail to confirm with Staun or ProComp and Centerline (the 2 wheel manufacturers I'm considering) that the wheels I'm looking at will work with the Stauns. What wheels are you using? How did the install go? Any pics?
I don't have any pics of this version of the install... but I do have an in-depth article on Off-Road.com about them. The install was basically the same this time except I had to uninstall them from the H3 wheels first.

I mounted them on pro-comp 8128 wheels in a 16*8. I drilled the second hole on the back side of the rim behind one of the small holes you see between the "spokes". I'll try to get pics for you soon.

I was worried that there would be interference issues between the caliper and valve stem so before I drilled I cut a bendy straw and taped it in place where I figured the stem would come through. I mounted the rim on the Jeep and then rotated the wheel to make sure that there was plenty of clearance. I did this on front and rear axles before I drilled. There's going to be about 3/4 to one inch of clearance and thats just fine. If I had any major concerns I would have drilled them the same way I did in the article and there would have been no question at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the install took longer than I thought it would due a variety of factors... :shaking:

BUT! :laughing:

I've got her mostly squared away now:
Poly Perf stage III with Poly shocks, RockHard shorty bumper, Pro Comp 8128 with 315/75R16 Hankook DynaPro MTs, Riddler dif covers... all installed. Phew! I've got a RockHard gas tank skid still in the box waiting to be installed and that should happen this weekend. :grinpimp:

I wonder if I could get away with a winch or if the wife would kill me! :innocent: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
lookin good!

Only one way to find out if the wife would kill you over a winch or not :devil:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks real good:smokin:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I wonder if I could get away with a winch or if the wife would kill me! :innocent: :eek:
I would try changing the word "winch" to "essential safety equipment", and how you do not feel comfortable with the family in the JK without this very critical piece of safety equipment. Failing that, just remember it is easy to ask forgiveness than to ask permission ;)

A

·
0 Posts
I would try changing the word "winch" to "essential safety equipment", and how you do not feel comfortable with the family in the JK without this very critical piece of safety equipment. Failing that, just remember it is easy to ask forgiveness than to ask permission ;)
X2.

Very, very nice ipe. Welcome to the lifted club :D:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would try changing the word "winch" to "essential safety equipment", and how you do not feel comfortable with the family in the JK without this very critical piece of safety equipment.
Hahaha! Alec's got that routine down pat. :D

Ya gotta keep mentioning how you're "protecting the family" with the equipment. :D :D

It's getting harder and harder though. I'm not sure I can sell family protection with the tube fenders that i need. So I took a different approach. I talked about how my mid-life crisis isn't like most guys who find some young hottie and have an affair. Since I'm a family guy i need wrap up my mid-life crisis in buying some poison spider fenders. Not sure she's buying into that one. :bounce:

NICE RIG, IPE!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you had any chance to break it in just yet? How does the ride feel on/off road with the poly shocks? Most of the people that have posted their experiences with the kit are running the bling fox shocks, but I would love to hear first hand how the monotubes perform.

-Casey

A

·
0 Posts
So I took a different approach. I talked about how my mid-life crisis isn't like most guys who find some young hottie and have an affair.
I’m had a few of those mid life things now, the hayabusa, the Hummer and the Jeep. I think I need to play the safety thing up for a while before I play the crisis card again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts