JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
OK....that was badass!

I'd like to see how it comes it, though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great, now instead of people driving and playing with their phones or texting, I got to worry about someone playing on their I-Pad. :bawling:

But what the Heck, the install looks good.....

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
That would be unbelievably awesome...

If I didn't ever wheel my shit, cause that iPad would be iBroken after one washboard Baja section. :thefinger:

Now, an iPad in my tow rig.. now we're talkin.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
looks good, i mentioned in the other thread where they guy put one in a toyota that it would look good and be easy to fit in a jk, i bet there will be alot more ipads in cars now, id bet dash kit companys will start making kits to fit them

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Nice installation...but he's still a douche

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I am impressed my head-unit has lasted this long and I have killed enough Ipods that I will wait to see its end durability

·
Registered
539 Posts
Anything with a solid state hard drive would work well in that kind of an application, but I would think that off-road the hard drive would be destroyed quickly. Also with everything being touchscreen I am sure that the dust from the top off would scratch the shit out of the screen, and it wouldn't survive one storm with the top off.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yeah....agree with you doc
That would be absolutely sick in a car.
In a jeep? Nope.

Crocker's an ass too

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
if...wait

IF

The iPad proves to be durable it would be fucking brilliant, but I am not going to risk it on what is pretty much an overgrown ipod/computer and I have killed both :laughing:

But in the "brilliant" aspect:

My head unit costs more and does less as a "computer".
the ipad simplifies all the shit I have in my head unit "IF" there is aps and or docking/plugs for it. IF I can bluetooth my normal phone, IF I can use it with google maps/GPS, if it has software that will EQ well, plugs to run RCA off of without any stupidity, a LOCKING DURABLE docking that allows me to remove the bitch if need, software to allow its to "act" like a car system (turn on/off with key, sensing plugs for reverse camera, power wires for amp remotes)

notice the lots of fucking ifs :laughing:

sorry, I will wait till the tuner crowd unfucks that for me first :grinpimp:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
In a few days there will probably be a new thread by him with the first iPad stolen out of a JK. :laughing:
x2 could you imagine leaving your Jeep doorless and topless parked with your ipad saying come rip me out of hear. How long you think it would last? :shaking:

·
Registered
539 Posts
x2 could you imagine leaving your Jeep doorless and topless parked with your ipad saying come rip me out of hear. How long you think it would last? :shaking:
I guess if you have more money than brains like most of Camps customers then it wouldn't matter much.

I like the idea of a carputer because each aftermarket head unit has some flaw to it, and it would be nice to be able to use some of the nav systems that people are running on laptops. I would like to see a system like this that worked, was functional, durable, and inexpensive, but I don't think this is it/

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
This just looks like way to much work to change the radio station. Um by the way, how would you do that? I didnt know that Ipads were radio turners. Other than that, the stealing part and the not really off road compatible part it would be cool.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
The Ipad appears to be an oversized Ipod touch far as I can tell. I heard you can use it as a phone as long as there is At&T coverage which I know sucks ass....Why? More than a few times iphone owners have asked to use my phone to call their girls. The install looks clean and camp will be bringing this to market not sure when. I will swing by the shop to get alkl these questions answered soon.

Jason

1 - 20 of 71 Posts