JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 07 jeep wrangler X automatic for a week and have started it about 40 times. In about 10 of those starts the first crank of the key resulted in the dash lights coming on without the vehicle cranking. When I turned the key off and restarted, it would start or after shaking the gear shifter and recranking, it will start. Any suggestions of where I should look to find the issue or is this normal?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Ground Wires

I have owned my 07 jeep wrangler X automatic for a week and have started it about 40 times. In about 10 of those starts the first crank of the key resulted in the dash lights coming on without the vehicle cranking. When I turned the key off and restarted, it would start or after shaking the gear shifter and recranking, it will start. Any suggestions of where I should look to find the issue or is this normal?
I would try adding at least 2 heaver ground straps/cables maybe even 3 to the jeep.
Run one from the neg side of the battery to the block. There is a good spot on the front of the cylinder head.

Run one to the ground lug on the right fender.

If you still have issues run one from the battery to the transmission.

Running the first 2 solved my problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts