JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a source for paint for the INTERIOR of the JK's? I have a pretty cool gauge pod courtesy of Camp Crocker and think it might look better in medium slate gray than the carbon fiber look. So far all I've been able to locate is exterior paint.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Umm, since the interior is plastic, not metal, and not painted, there is no such thing as "interior paint." Grab a piece of trim (heh heh), take it to Home Depot or somesuch, and find the color that most closely matches it- that's your best bet- Mark W.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Anyone found a source for paint for the INTERIOR of the JK's? I have a pretty cool gauge pod courtesy of Camp Crocker and think it might look better in medium slate gray than the carbon fiber look. So far all I've been able to locate is exterior paint.
They do make spray paint for plastic. Look at Autozone or Advance autoparts. Thats where i bought mine, but this was for the cheesey painted a/c rings trick.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

I hop you didn't py the small fortune that guy is asking fro those damn things.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the lead on Autozone. They had a charcoal vinyl paint that's very close to the JK's dark slate. The texture of it makes the carbon fiber look just like the rest of the plastic -without the scratches.
Cheers.:beer:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Thanks for the lead on Autozone. They had a charcoal vinyl paint that's very close to the JK's dark slate. The texture of it makes the carbon fiber look just like the rest of the plastic -without the scratches.
Cheers.:beer:
Awesome!

Can't wait to see some pictures!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts