JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wired up something in the dash area? Maybe mounted below the radio or above a/c controls? Looking for an ambient light to make the interior more visible while driving. I'm always fumbling around for phone or wallet etc. Post some pics or share your ideas....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I mounted a three LED strip from Autozone below my A/C controls. Tapped into the orange and grey wire behind the dash so that I can control the brightness with the rest of my dash lights.

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
i did the same thing as redrock... except used some of the individual leds at radioshack and drilled holes in the "shelves" in the center console.

·
Registered
430 Posts
me too, but used blue leds from Oznium.com in the same place, gotta find the time to hook up the lights in the footwells

·
Registered
765 Posts
ive got orange under the dash in the floorboards but gotta re-do them sorry no pics.

and Ive got plans to light it up a little better both up front and in the back. with some LED strips on the sound bar.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody have pics on how to remove the dash panel? Did a search but got a lot of cb write ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
I did a center console-ectomy, 1 led above the window switches, two above the ac controls and two above the last set of switches. Also one each in the door handles. All red T-1 type. I did this about 3 years ago. If I remember I'll post some pics for you when I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts