JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coolant leak and it looks like it's the intake manifold gasket at the front drivers side corner. It's wet there and it is also pooling between head and intake. I'm going to spend a little more time making sure that's where it's coming from before pulling stuff apart. Anyone else have this problem yet? I haven't pulled this much stuff on an engine before but figure I can handle it. Is it worth it to do it myself or should I just let a shop do it?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Same problem here, I have coolant funk that has run all the way down to the front of the oil pan. I just keep it topped off for now until I have the time to dig into it. i have 85k miles on an 07 JKU.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's not a hard task. My 08 was dripping from the back of the intake. It took me awhile to find it because it would run down the trans, onto the tcase and then drip of the crossmember. Get yourself a gasket set (upper and lower) and give yourself a day to change it. There are a couple good threads here from others doing it. It is a common thing. I changed my idler, tensioner and water pump along with it just because.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts