JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help installing some kc daylighters

hey guys i got a set of kc daylighters for my bday from my wife and had a question about installing them. I would like to install the lights where the two nubs are on the hood has anyone done this. is it okay to make a hole in the heat shield that is on the underside of the hood, and will the hood be able to support the lights without bending the hood around the holes? if someone has done this can yu put up a pic or two of how they are set up.

Thanks in advance Ron

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
To date I haven't seen anyone mount them on the nubs. If you're asking about the heat shield "blanket" under the hood- you can just ripp that off right now, mine never had one! Those nubs are to support the windshield when (if) you put it down so I'm sure they would support some lights mounted on them without damage to the hood!

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive never seen it done but i think i would look sick. go for it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id love to just put them in but i dont want to jack up my hood doing so.... and if i do i think i would have to drill another hole in the hood to run the wires through right?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I dont think it's the best spot for them...too close together and would block visibility!
Plus the hood is thin sheet metal.
Just my .02

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
most put them up by the windshield brackets- on brackets- or on the bumper or grille bar from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
<<<<<<See my avatar and mount to the windshield mounts.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
being that close to the hood may create a worse glare too than if they were on the brackets. thats where my slimlights are (windshield brackets) and theyre great there.

a buddy of mine had some rigged up on his hood a while back on his TJ. I never did like they way they looked there, but to each his own!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts