JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a write up of replacing the lenses. I have both sets here... the front and the ones on the fender flares. Going with smoked but I'm pretty sure I'm about to break something getting the damn things out.

I have no instructions and can't find anything here on search.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go. This is a link to the Rugged Ridge Euro Light Guard install for the turn signals. The pdf instructions give you a detailed step by step walk through of getting your old ones out. It's what I used when I pulled my turn signals to black them out.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/92421.pdf
Nice! Thanks. Now if I wasn't so freakin' tired I'd go out and get these done.

Tomorrow though - I'm on it.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Those are the instructions that I used.... still broke the little retainer thingie... it would help if someone pulled the fender away from the fender liner (like the instructs say) I did it myself and broke the clip that is on top of the new lights. They are still good to go but it pisses me off that I was too hard headed to get some help.

:beer:

Apologies for no install pics, was in a hurry....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke stuff too... sheesh.

For such a "simple" mod it sure is a pain in the ass.

I got the front ones in fine - no problem. But the one on the damn fender flares are killing me. I got the old one out - not much trouble after reading the instructions. Then COULD NOT get the new one to clip in. I had the inner fender pulled back plenty. As a matter of a fact - I BROKE IT.

I still couldn't get the new one in and knew I'd prolly break the other side too so I decided to put the stocker back in and be done for the day. I couldn't get that top clip to pop in with the stock piece either. I got it wedged in pretty good without the clip and then buttoned it back up.

Maybe I'll try again some other day but damn - this is stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts