JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes you read that correctly, its a 2wd awiting an axle swap. got a killer deal on it and couldnt pass it up. question is, can i simply put the springs and shocks from a rubi on my 2wd?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had read on jeeps site that they made 2wd but I had never seen one or even heard of one really.
The 2wd are everywhere here in Fl. I own one too:thefinger:

But will be doing an axle swap as well and getting a TF 3" LA kit, but not for another year. I currently have 2.5" TF BB, 33" DC Torque wheels and Mud Country tires, Gibson exhaust, 5.13 gears and Eaton E-locker, and a wild boar rack with 4 IPF 968 head lamps. I also have a K & N intake, but soon will be coming off.

We may not be able to go everywhere but, we sure can have some fun driving to the mall and through a couple mud puddles :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
to be honest with everyone, this 2wd has gone places that I thought were going to kill it. I have had zero problems with it. I think that I will have more problems once I swap the axles because I will wheel it that much harder. for 14k I couldnt pass it up;)

Ive got the chance to pick up rubi shocks,springs, steering stab. and track bar for cheap so I was wondering if there would be any complications or differences between the 2 and 4wd suspensions.

·
Registered
437 Posts
to be honest with everyone, this 2wd has gone places that I thought were going to kill it. I have had zero problems with it. I think that I will have more problems once I swap the axles because I will wheel it that much harder. for 14k I couldnt pass it up;)

Ive got the chance to pick up rubi shocks,springs, steering stab. and track bar for cheap so I was wondering if there would be any complications or differences between the 2 and 4wd suspensions.
None that I know of.

I thought 20K was a steal when I bout mine w/26k miles on it in October. Then I found out that they run cheaper in the winter. :bawling: But I love my 07 JKU rescue green. I started to mod it within a few weeks and haven't looked back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts