JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Viper 1002 alarm for my JK and install it. It only comes with an operators guide and not an installation guide.

Does anyone have an install guide or has installed one of these?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a dealer on eBay that sells it for $169 and they include the tech sheet for any specific car. Looks like I'm good to go.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Be careful when installing any alarms into the Jeep. The alarm will need specific modules, parts and resistors added to interface with the Chryslers CANbus system. If not done correctly, a lot can go wrong.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You need pretty much the following then go to the12v.com

Any recent ('09-) Directed Electronics Alarm that includes D2D (Data to Data) Communication EG- Viper 5801/Viper 5901

Now use google shopping to locate the following
"CHALL"- This box takes care of Remote Start/Power Locks/Parking Light Flash/Unlock Illumination and Door Triggers!!

"CHTH2" This cable interfaces into your ignition cylinder and the "CHALL" using Molex connectors so your WARRANTY STAYS INTACT!!

This method is the most foolproof way to install a remote start without soldering into your CANbus wires or loosing a key.

I just felt people were wiring directly into their power lock actuators/door triggers/MUX wires/CANbus wires which in the area I specialize in I know things go SPARKY SPARKY and Warrantys go Voidy Voidy especially when your tapping into wires that arent always + and-

Oh and yeah it's a copy and steal cause I didn't feel like typing all the details out on my phone so this was quicker and needs to be done to and alarm sticky.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Any recent ('09-) Directed Electronics Alarm that includes D2D (Data to Data) Communication EG- Viper 5801/Viper 5901

"CHALL"- This box takes care of Remote Start/Power Locks/Parking Light Flash/Unlock Illumination and Door Triggers!!

"CHTH2" This cable interfaces into your ignition cylinder and the "CHALL" using Molex connectors so your WARRANTY STAYS INTACT!!

This method is the most foolproof way to install a remote start without soldering into your CANbus wires or loosing a key.

I just felt people were wiring directly into their power lock actuators/door triggers/MUX wires/CANbus wires which in the area I specialize in I know things go SPARKY SPARKY and Warrantys go Voidy Voidy especially when your tapping into wires that arent always + and-

Oh and yeah it's a copy and steal cause I didn't feel like typing all the details out on my phone so this was quicker and needs to be done to and alarm sticky.
Thanks! There is a CANbus module that DEI offers as well. But since I don't have electric locks (half doors), I just want the alarm.

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you're not doing power windows or door locks,remote start or starter disable it's not hard at all my auto page install was cake;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 2 way Python Responder 460 (3305P) to self install in my Half Door JK (no power windows/locks). It was essentially the same as the Viper (3305V) but I found it online for $40 less.

Regarding wiring, the alarm came with wiring instructions for the brains. JK specific wire locations are easily found online.

I'm tapping into the following linies

+ Light Flash Output, White/Purple (Passenger Side Kick Panel)
- Instant Trigger Inut, Hood Pin Wire
+ Door Trigger Input, White/Yellow(Passenger Side Kick Panel)
- Chassis Ground, Unswitched Cigarette Lighter Ground
+ Switched Ignition, Switched Cigarette Lighter Wire
+ Siren, Siren Wire
+ Constant Powerm Unwwitched Cigarette Lighter Wire

Dual Zone Proximity Sensor (508D) plugged into brain.

Only 5 wires to tap into at easy locations.

Save yourself some money and buy the Python and install it yourself :)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a 2 way Python Responder 460 (3305P) to self install in my Half Door JK (no power windows/locks). It was essentially the same as the Viper (3305V) but I found it online for $40 less.

Regarding wiring, the alarm came with wiring instructions for the brains. JK specific wire locations are easily found online.

+ Siren, Siren Wire

Thanks man, looking online for it now.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

+ Siren, Siren Wire

I was test installing the alarm today. I'm having problems with the door trigger. The white/yellow wire connected to the Violet wire doesn't active the alarm when a door is opened.

Were you able to find a single door trigger?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was test installing the alarm today. I'm having problems with the door trigger. The white/yellow wire connected to the Violet wire doesn't active the alarm when a door is opened.

Were you able to find a single door trigger?
I found the right wire. The wiring directions in the post are wrong. That same wiring direction is on several forums. It says white/yellow wire which means WHITE wire with a YELLOW trace. Well, it should be yellow/white wire that is used for the door trigger.

Now that I know everything works, I'll install the alarm tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts

bringing back an old post. Ive done the above and gotten the alarm and door locks to work but cant get the remote start to work.. I cant get the viper into program mode to switch it from Manual to automatic transmission mode. Anyone have any guidance on how i might do that.. Ive tried the instructions already (door open, ignition on, off, hold control button) but that doesnt let me into the program function. Anyone have any guidance?

·
Registered
25 Posts
bringing back an old post. Ive done the above and gotten the alarm and door locks to work but cant get the remote start to work.. I cant get the viper into program mode to switch it from Manual to automatic transmission mode. Anyone have any guidance on how i might do that.. Ive tried the instructions already (door open, ignition on, off, hold control button) but that doesnt let me into the program function. Anyone have any guidance?
For those seatching for resolution to their problem: The viper was not sensing the ignition switch was in the run position. Needed a wire run from the large pink wire (ignition in/out) to the pink with white stripe wire under the steering column. I diode isolated it for good measure, but not sure if thats completely necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts