JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guyz
I finally got around to installing my CB (cut the cables ties that were holding it onto the top of the dash LoL)
I have looked and looked for a CB with a remote control on the Mic that I could bury behind the dash but alas I could not find 1 that would do both the old 27Meg & UHF - I really get a lot of valuable highway information from the truckers that mainly still use 27Meg - so I decided to see if I could cut my Uniden 95sx dual band (UHF & 27meg) into the top of the panel.

Step 1 Mark it out carefully - LoL
Step 2 Remove the top by prying of the top plastic cover - rear first!
Step 3 Remove - unplug the Compass / direction sensor
Step 4 Using a sharp knife carefully cut out the top of the stereo
Step 5 Same Knife - cut the plastic top
Step 6 Test fit
Step 7 reconnect compass / direction sensor
Enjoy
cheers Hunty

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Looks good!

Q (and maybe this would be self evident if I took my top dash panel off), but what are the mounting options like under there?

I'm guessing in the land down under.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Looks nice. How is it secured to the dash?
P.S. your steering wheel is installed on the wrong side. :beer:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Clean install you did there. Did it mess with your compass at all?

Welcome to the forum and I'm guessing a cheers or g'day is in order.:beer:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
love this. wish my cobra 29 was a little smaller and id think about doing the same. looks very clean. can you post a pic of the front of the jeep so i can see what it looks like outside. mine is on my dash and looks like shit outside. but other than that i love where i have mine

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
So I was doing a google search on something completely unrelated to Jeeps and I stumbled across this guy "Hunty" on a Aussie Jeep forum. I get to the part where he talks about his CB and I realize I had seen it before here.

Anyway, here is his entire thread from that forum. He's got some pretty cool stuff going on.

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?1684-Hunty-s-Jeep-JK-Extreme

1 - 9 of 9 Posts