JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, i just got done. took 2.5 hours with two people, neither one has ever done a lift,But i am a competent mechanic unlike my helper (USAF Loadmaster) who made some stuff a pita lol.

only snags i had is the guy that helped me stripped the nutplate for hte shock extender (where the stock shock bolts to) and i had to retap

the Traction/torsion/tension bar(**** i just forgot hte name of it), the relocation bracket, it sucked...horribly

I had to put it in a vice to squeeze it together, becuase hte side holes would not line up unless i did that sine the bracket was too wide to fit up in the factory bracket, use a crap load of washers instead of the sleeve in the middle, and then heat it, and bend it back out so the bar could go into the bracket.

also, the brake lines worry me, but i know its not a HUGE deal since the stock shocks dont extend too far. but when it was on a lift, and i turned the wheel all the way one way, they were straining. Not break or snap straining, but more than i like. but since that is the FURTHEST they will go, i have faith if teraflex says its good, its good.

No pics becuase its 8 at night, and a typhoon is comming in tonight and the morning. But i will get pics of hte lift next to a stock JK as well since i always see people asking for it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
With the stock shocks and extensions you should be fine on the brakelines, but if you want to ease your mind you can bend the hardline at the frame side down just a bit, that'll add some effective length to the lines.

I passed your experience with that rear trackbar bracket to the quality control guys, too. Sorry to hear it didn't fit for you. :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already tweeked both front brake lines and got another 3 inches out of it or so
im used to stuff not working, i build track cars lol.

Ill get you guys some pics here in japan if you wanna use em for your site.

you know the teraflex 2.5 budget boost is offered by the jeep dealer down the road for 1200 bucks installed lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's it going? This is Garrett at Poly Performance. Let me know if your worried about those brake lines still, I can do a 15% discount on Our Lines if you mention that you were contacted on JK Owners. Also, if Teraflex's Track-Bar Relocation Bracket simply bolts onto the original bracket, you've got a high chance of shearing that off. The stock bracket is pretty weak to begin with, so raising it pretty much adds leverage to an already weak part. Let us know if it becomes a problem, we've got a really solid Track-Bar Relocation Bracket that ties into the Axle tubing as well. Thanks for the consideration and have a good one!

Garrett

The next time a vendor spams me with trying to sell me something im gonna be very pissed.

Especially when you try and sell me a trackbar bracket, that is not needed, which they would know if they knew what was in the teraflex kit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm sorry you took that as spam, being that I'm a registered vendor. I didn't admit to knowing how Teraflex handles the rear track-bar issue, but if they provide equipment to avoid breakage then it sounds like your set. I like to think I'm a helpful part of this board, as many of the folks here would hopefully say, but if your not a fan of how I approached you I'll make sure to keep it to myself next time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand that.
But i am a vendor on 3 other forums as well, and i would never do that. You basically trashed teraflex, saying their product is inferior. I cant think of one thread that has been posted on trackbar failures from teraflex on here, JKforum, or jeep forums.

It just seemed like a way to try and get monies.
BTW a jk only section of your site would be great.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also, IF Teraflex's Track-Bar Relocation Bracket simply bolts onto the original bracket, you've got a high chance of shearing that off.
I hope Teraflex doesn't take it as a stab at their product. I'm admittedly unaware of how that kit is assembled.

It just seemed like a way to try and get monies.
We're pretty lucky to have our hobby as a job, but we definitely aren't in the business to lose money, lol. Believe it or not, but I actually enjoy helping people out with their ventures, even if it doesn't directly translate into a sale.

BTW a jk only section of your site would be great.
We try to keep our website as user friendly and easy to navigate as possible, and user feedback like that is a huge help. I like the idea of an area exclusively for JK parts, but then you might miss all the other cool stuff we've got!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't think Garret ment anything by what he said, I think he was just trying to help you out with the brake lines, and point out any future problems you may face with the factory track bar brackets breaking off. The guys from Poly seem to be pretty stand up guys, as do the guys from Teraflex. Infact, when it comes time for a lift, I'm definately buying from either one of those two, just gotta decide which I like better. I'm looking at either teraflex's lift that you got, or Poly's stage 1 lift.

Oh, and just to let ya know, Teraflex makes a stronger bracket that ties into the axle tube as well. Poly's brackets look like very stout pieces as well. Oh, and can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am curious as to what rear track bar bracket came with your kit. I have a TeraFlex kit myself and originally I had a drop bracket that lowered the rear track bar from the factory frame mount on the passenger side. Fitup was not an issue but it did have an interference issue with the shock. I brought this to thier attention and they gave me, and installed, a relocation bracket for the shock so it becam a non-issue.

I have since swapped the frame drop bracket out for thier bracket that mounts to the axle on the driver's side. This bracket is very well designed, it mounts and/or utilizes multiple points so not to over stress the factory mount and result in failure. Similar to what the PolyPerf. guy was mentioning above, if the bracket was to only mount to the factory mount location a failure is almost imminent.

I am sure if this is your case that TeraFlex would be willing to work with ya to get the axle mounted bracket to ya. I have had great service with dealing with them no matter how small of an issue I have to discuss. Then again they are local for me but still I believe proximity would be irrelevant when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was the one that mounts tot he upper bracket on the frame

Im not worried about it. I fabricate parts on a norm, so i had the tools to make it work. Not that bid of a deal to me. Every vehicle is different in very small ways that you cant account for in the making of some parts.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I hope Teraflex doesn't take it as a stab at their product. I'm admittedly unaware of how that kit is assembled.
I am curious as to what rear track bar bracket came with your kit. I have a TeraFlex kit myself and originally I had a drop bracket that lowered the rear track bar from the factory frame mount on the passenger side. Fitup was not an issue but it did have an interference issue with the shock. I brought this to thier attention and they gave me, and installed, a relocation bracket for the shock so it becam a non-issue.

I have since swapped the frame drop bracket out for thier bracket that mounts to the axle on the driver's side. This bracket is very well designed, it mounts and/or utilizes multiple points so not to over stress the factory mount and result in failure. Similar to what the PolyPerf. guy was mentioning above, if the bracket was to only mount to the factory mount location a failure is almost imminent.

I am sure if this is your case that TeraFlex would be willing to work with ya to get the axle mounted bracket to ya. I have had great service with dealing with them no matter how small of an issue I have to discuss. Then again they are local for me but still I believe proximity would be irrelevant when it comes to customer service.
The 2.5" kits (both spacer and spring lifts) come with a small frame-side rear trackbar bracket, which looks like this:

The 3", 4", and 6" kits come with the axle-side bracket scrogg is talking about, which looks like this: (the frame-side one scrogg originally had no longer exists)

Now you both know. :)

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I do not think anybody said that teraflex makes an inferior product. Teraflex makes great kits, in fact we have been using them at our dealer for 6 years and finally have become a Dealer for Teraflex. In general adding a bracket to a bracket is not the best idea with moderate wheeling you could possibly shear the bracket as you have added more leverage with an extention and bigger tires. I run 37's on my LJ and have broke the bracket using a RE tracbar bracket. I would only be offended if a non vendor sent me a PM trying to solicate my business.......

BTW:Teraflex good job on the 2.5" spring lift we have installed a few already and I was in Camp Crockers new Orange Crush today with a 7.0 liter Hemi and 40's!! Your new LongArm 6" lift drove like stock...WOW

Jason

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
How's it going? This is Garrett at Poly Performance. Let me know if your worried about those brake lines still, I can do a 15% discount on Our Lines if you mention that you were contacted on JK Owners. Also, if Teraflex's Track-Bar Relocation Bracket simply bolts onto the original bracket, you've got a high chance of shearing that off. The stock bracket is pretty weak to begin with, so raising it pretty much adds leverage to an already weak part. Let us know if it becomes a problem, we've got a really solid Track-Bar Relocation Bracket that ties into the Axle tubing as well. Thanks for the consideration and have a good one!

Garrett

The next time a vendor spams me with trying to sell me something im gonna be very pissed.

Especially when you try and sell me a trackbar bracket, that is not needed, which they would know if they knew what was in the teraflex kit.
Im sorry but what? How is this spam? You come on here, ask for vendor help and when vendors decide to help you with your jeep you call him out? He is right, bolting onto the stock bracket will more than likely cause failure... It has several times on many jeeps, both rock crawlers and mall crawlers.

So I don't see how you get mad a vendor contacts you about brake lines and track bar brackets when your first post says:

"the Traction/torsion/tension bar(**** i just forgot hte name of it), the relocation bracket, it sucked...horribly"

"also, the brake lines worry me, but i know its not a HUGE deal since the stock shocks dont extend too far. but when it was on a lift, and i turned the wheel all the way one way, they were straining."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.