JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the bumper a week or two ago, but I've been waiting for my synthetic line to show up to post pics. The bumper quality and design are outstanding. I like it better than my AEV Bumper. I plan to mount some tabs for lights behind the fairlead holes.

Jason and Kelly at Red Rock Fab have been more than helpful and actually seem to welcome my input. I've talked with them about the rear bumper design as well as the front. I had to put two fender washers under each foot on my winch so the motor housing wouldn't contact the bumper. Kelly is going to start supplying a 3/16" spacer with every bumper for those who need it. He said he'll send mine out first. :smokin:

Right now I'm not running the Red Rock skid plate. I'm testing one that is a stand alone for another company. I haven't decided which one I'll end up with. The Red Rock covers the gap between the frame cross member and the bumper. I kind of like the look without it too though.

Lots of pics here:
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Red Rock Fab/?action=view&current=P5200076.jpg

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I love that bumper. I have also had a chance to see it in person. It is built VERY nice. I like it better then my Shrockworks stubby. I have been considering selling my Shrockworks and getting it. Pictures just don't do it justice. Anybody in Colorado want to buy a Shrockworks stubby? :D

I am also thinking about getting their rear bumper as well

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love that bumper. I have also had a chance to see it in person. It is built VERY nice. I like it better then my Shrockworks stubby. I have been considering selling my Shrockworks and getting it. Pictures just don't do it justice. Anybody in Colorado want to buy a Shrockworks stubby? :D

I agree, the bumper is outstanding in person. I really hated to get rid of my AEV Bumper but I wanted a stubby. Every time I look at my new bumper, I like it more. The quality is flawless. The AEV Bumper was nice too, but this bumper is simple and to the point.

Anyway, it's obvious I like it. I'll let you guys make your own decisions.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I thought you were nuts to get rid of the AEV, but I've got to admit the new one looks great. It looks a little more purposeful. :)

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I like it, looks nicely designed and thought out.

I've been toying with adding a mini stinger to my PJ bumper and like that design.

What do have you behind the grille, did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it, looks nicely designed and thought out.

I've been toying with adding a mini stinger to my PJ bumper and like that design.

What do have you behind the grille, did you do it yourself?

Yeah, it's do it yourself. I used plastic gutter guard from Ace hardware and the little square sticky back zip tie holders. It's been on for a year and holding up well. I have about $20 in it and most of the roll of gutter guard left.

Let me know if you want more details. I have some picks around somewhere.

·
Registered
647 Posts

actually yes i would like to buy a shrock stuby? are you seriously wanting to sell it? how much? i am in glenwood springs,co

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Which bumper is that...went to the Red Rock site and couldn't find a match???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Mike!

We really appreciate your business, and we certainly do welcome and appreciate your input as well. I'm glad to hear you're pleased with your purchase. I think the bumper looks great on your JK!

PS Nice rig!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts