JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my River Raider Crusher Corners and ORO Dotlites. The installation went well but now I am getting a "fast blink". The speed of the flashing for the turn signals only has increased. (4 ways are okay) Is this "normal"? Is there anyway to get it slowed back down to normal speed? Anybody else experience this? Please help if you can. Thanks Don

·
Registered
56 Posts
I installed my River Raider Crusher Corners and ORO Dotlites. The installation went well but now I am getting a "fast blink". The speed of the flashing for the turn signals only has increased. (4 ways are okay) Is this "normal"? Is there anyway to get it slowed back down to normal speed? Anybody else experience this? Please help if you can. Thanks Don

There is a quick fix for this. A simple relay will fix this. Give Steve a jingle at ORO and he will lead you in the right direction. Or do a quick search for the fix here or over on ROF.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
its because LEDs have much less resistance than real bulbs
happens whenever you replace a standard bulb with an LED unless the bulbs have a resistor built in.
give ORO a shout and see what size resistor to put in line with them
the reason your 4 ways are ok is you have the added resistance of all 4 sets.

·
Registered
934 Posts
FYI, I have been calling ORO for weeks now...they have no fix. A combo of relays and resitors aren't doing the trick...everything gets too hot.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
FYI, I have been calling ORO for weeks now...they have no fix. A combo of relays and resitors aren't doing the trick...everything gets too hot.
I thought somebody made a flasher relay that is specifically designed for LED turn signals. You would just replace the stock flasher relay with the LED one.
Ask Kenny from RR. He probably has it all figured out to the specific parts you need.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I thought somebody made a flasher relay that is specifically designed for LED turn signals. You would just replace the stock flasher relay with the LED one.
Ask Kenny from RR. He probably has it all figured out to the specific parts you need.
On the TJ's all you had to do was modify the flasher in the steering column. Not the case with our JK's and all of the darn electronics. You have to add a resistor (probably 4 20 watt (8 ohm) resistors in parallel) to get the blink to slow down.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
6 ohm resistor for each light and it will get hot so mount the resistor away from your wiring.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

RL-650 Tail Light Load Resistor kit
6 Ohm, 50 Watt load resistor kit
Solves most LED turn signal problems
Connect one across each LED turn signal bulb to simulate filament Tail/Turn signal bulbs
$ 4.95

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah, the resistors are the way to go but I am not interested in starting a fire...that is my luck. If you wire several in series I am pretty sure they won't heat up.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
This is a good read but why did I have to blink fast while reading it?:shaking:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone have a set of these that is good to go on an 08+? These are on the list but damn.....

Pics and WTF would help a bunch.
Last I heard, they are not making them for the JK series. The rear holes for the OEM tail lights cannot be covered up with the litedots. You could do as posted above and get corner guards and and place them over that. I had two sets on two diff Jeeps and they work awesome and are super bright. Good buy for those in the market.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
yeah, the resistors are the way to go but I am not interested in starting a fire...that is my luck. If you wire several in series I am pretty sure they won't heat up.
So put a couple together and make some sort of heat sink. How hot are we talking? :beer:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Litedots are much different then those posted above. Litedots are made of an unbelievably strong epoxy resin and are virtually indestructible. Litdots will last a lifetime without breaking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts