JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Rigid duallys to the windshield light bracks and fairlead bracket. I ran the wires, wrapped them in loom to my sPOD.

When I tried them out this morning when I turned them on my radio reception goes to static. Turn them off, radio reception is fine.

Windsheild lights were ran across the firewall where the spod is ran to battery. Bumper lights are ran up next to the parking light and around the right side of the windsield fluid reservoir.

Should I try removing the antenna spacer and see if that works? I don't think it would be that or is there a radio wire I could be touching?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
They may just kick off a lot of RFI and the antenna is picking it up, rather than a wire actually touching. Be sure all is grounded well, windshield ones specifically. Where are they grounded?

I bet if you put a little handheld or plug in radio close to the Jeep with them on, it may do the same thing (confirming the RFI and the antenna picking it up, meaning it may just be in how they are designed..)

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I installed Rigid duallys to the windshield light bracks and fairlead bracket. I ran the wires, wrapped them in loom to my sPOD.

When I tried them out this morning when I turned them on my radio reception goes to static. Turn them off, radio reception is fine.

Windsheild lights were ran across the firewall where the spod is ran to battery. Bumper lights are ran up next to the parking light and around the right side of the windsield fluid reservoir.

Should I try removing the antenna spacer and see if that works? I don't think it would be that or is there a radio wire I could be touching?

Thanks for any help.
My HIDx lights do the same. Everything wrapped in wire loom. So I assume it's just something I'll have to live with. Probably won't bee too many times I have my aux. lights on with the radio, though.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something dumb. Slicing wires, using midline taps, crimping end terminals... this was all new to me, so I thought I should ask before I burn the jeep down.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
My HIDx lights do the same. Everything wrapped in wire loom. So I assume it's just something I'll have to live with. Probably won't bee too many times I have my aux. lights on with the radio, though.
Hids kick out a bunch of rfi. My LEDs don't mess with my fm, but my cb doesn't like them very much

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Hids kick out a bunch of rfi. My LEDs don't mess with my fm, but my cb doesn't like them very much
WIth any luck, my Cobra will be getting installed at the end of the week, or maybe over the weekend, although, I'll be in College Station. Ordered that Tuffy overhead console after C&C Saturday.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I just read this, went out tried mine... yup static when the LED's are on with the radio....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts