JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after two weeks i have the results....

between .6-.8 LESS MPG, the stock one was dirty so i installed a new K&N filter and i am getting less performance from it. Stock is better.

WTF

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
55 Posts
stock > K&N.... words you write make no sense
You'll need this to clean your filter and air flow sensor with:

And you'll need this to clean your injectors out:

I wouldn't say my Acura got such an increase in horsepower as much as it just performed better. Also my gas mileage went up significantly.

However, with my Jeep(s) I prefer to just go with regular paper. That way when I screw it up after sucking in a truckload of mud, swamp water, and pine needles I'd rather just throw the damn thing away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You'll need this to clean your filter and air flow sensor with:

And you'll need this to clean your injectors out:

I wouldn't say my Acura got such an increase in horsepower as much as it just performed better. Also my gas mileage went up significantly.

However, with my Jeep(s) I prefer to just go with regular paper. That way when I screw it up after sucking in a truckload of mud, swamp water, and pine needles I'd rather just throw the damn thing away.
Chrysler engines are speed density..no mass air flow. Their a little slow.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
No real change and too much upkeep for my lazy ass. After three cleanings I put a new paper filter in and called it a day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Chrysler engines are speed density..no mass air flow. Their a little slow.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Yeah, you're right. You'll have to forgive my advanced thinking. I've owned nothing but foreign sports cars for over 20 years. This is the first Chrysler I've ever owned.

Nevertheless, you can still use the CRC MAF juice to clean a K&N air filter or you can just go to a paint n' body store and get some industry grade acetone. The stuff will clean crude oil from the bottom of the Gulf Stream and not harm a single organism. Best thing about it is it completely evaporates instead of creating problems down the road as with using water.

As far as Jeep JK's are concerned IMO it just makes better sense to get the standard issue air filter especially if you're a serious off-roader. Fram filters are super thick and can stop a small caliber bullet. Those after market intake systems are a complete waste of time and money for any kind of real off-roading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts