JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex kit in on Wed!! Anyone interested in helping me install it sometime soon? I will drive to you and anywhere in Fl because it would beat paying the $600 I've been quoted by Jeff's Jeep Yard.

:beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yep, just let me know when and where. I have a one car garage if you need a place to do it. Not a lot of tools here, but I do have a jack and some stands. no air or cutting wheels/dremels. I've only done a couple lifts, so my knowledge is limited but I'll help any way I can. My place is in northeast st. petersburg, right by the gandy bridge. I'm off classes on thursdays and fridays as well as the weekend. let me know how that sounds to you, and we can work out the final details as more people speak up

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, just let me know when and where. I have a one car garage if you need a place to do it. Not a lot of tools here, but I do have a jack and some stands. no air or cutting wheels/dremels. I've only done a couple lifts, so my knowledge is limited but I'll help any way I can. My place is in northeast st. petersburg, right by the gandy bridge. I'm off classes on thursdays and fridays as well as the weekend. let me know how that sounds to you, and we can work out the final details as more people speak up
I think this Saturday or Sunday would be good. I don't have a garage so yours would be greatly appreciated. We shouldn't have to cut anything. I have limited mechanic skills as well, but I'm confident with a couple extra people and/or pointers we can get this beauty installed.

Anyone that's in, feel free to post your :beer: of choice and I'll bring it!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
you wanna plan on this coming saturday the 22nd? double check your install instructions when they show up to make sure we dont need to grind out anything or do any cutting. I had to do a little bit of cutting at the control arm mounts for the cam bolts when i did my 3.5" Rubicon express lift. I can post up on the local club I'm in too and see if we can get some other locals too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you wanna plan on this coming saturday the 22nd? double check your install instructions when they show up to make sure we dont need to grind out anything or do any cutting. I had to do a little bit of cutting at the control arm mounts for the cam bolts when i did my 3.5" Rubicon express lift. I can post up on the local club I'm in too and see if we can get some other locals too.
Yeah 22nd. Got a response from RK. No cutting. If we had someone that welded we could prep/grind the surface for the rear track bar mount. If not it can be bolted in.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
228 Posts
I could help out I did my RK3.5 flex about 6 weeks ago it took about 9 hrs by my self its not hard just time consuming but i've done a few other lifts.I have a garage and all tools it takes garage is 1/2 full of crap though.My only prob is I am a new dad and I have my boy all saterday by my self, but I can help when he lets me and direct and pass tools when he doesent.I only mention this because your ESP will do funny things untill you get the alingment spot on. So a long drive may be a little harry.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
If you want a GREAT shop, talk to Anthony or George at WSOffroad!

They did my lift and it went great!

They are on here, and I can PM you one of their #'s if you wanna call and talk to them.

Edit:
They are in Zephyrhills.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could help out I did my RK3.5 flex about 6 weeks ago it took about 9 hrs by my self its not hard just time consuming but i've done a few other lifts.I have a garage and all tools it takes garage is 1/2 full of crap though.My only prob is I am a new dad and I have my boy all saterday by my self, but I can help when he lets me and direct and pass tools when he doesent.I only mention this because your ESP will do funny things untill you get the alingment spot on. So a long drive may be a little harry.
Bring your kid up to St. Pete Saturday. I'm sure it would be great if you guys made it up. I'm in Palm Harbor as of right now so St. Pete isn't to far. dickyb has a couple guys that are willing to help as well. Let me know if your coming and I'll grab the kid some juice boxes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you need anything from us just let us know! If you have any install questions on anything just let us know! I might be in the Burg on Sat to visit my parents so PM me your info and if I am around I'll swing by if I make over that way.

Anthony

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you need anything from us just let us know! If you have any install questions on anything just let us know! I might be in the Burg on Sat to visit my parents so PM me your info and if I am around I'll swing by if I make over that way.

Anthony
That's awesome. Thank you. I will send you more info when I find out.:beer:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
my girlfriend is a nanny and love's kids and so does our dog. feel free to bring them, she can probably keep them entertained while we work on the jeep. I think she's found all the kids movies available on netflix

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I am goingto be in the same shoes as you coming up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I am goingto be in the same shoes as you coming up!!!

then come help out saturday and get a feel of what to expect. Plus you'll know some guys who might be able to help you out!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
then come help out saturday and get a feel of what to expect. Plus you'll know some guys who might be able to help you out!
Where are you guys Gunna be?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
St. Petersburg. I'll PM you the info if you're interested in coming. Let me know. :beer:
What's the info and I will keep you updated! Really wanna see!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be there.

DickyB posted on tbaja....where i signed up to help out
Sounds good. I joined the forum today and posted up on dickyb's thread. I look forward to meeting everyone.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts