JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a intake to help out the power for towing my camper, what ddoes everyone have and do you like/reccomed it or would you pick another, im hoping it will make a difference with my high flow exhaust i already have

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
they make lots of noise and a little bit of power
I have an airaid on mine and it makes a little noise during normal driving but gets LOUD at full throttle

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love the way my Airaid sounds! Definitely made a difference on the the seat of the pants O' meter.....

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the sound doesnt really matter, but i might look into the airaid, seems to be the choice here.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I have a True Flow, seems to work well and give a good sound when you hit the loud pedal hard.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I love the way my Airaid sounds! Definitely made a difference on the the seat of the pants O' meter.....
AKA... in your mind. I use to think my car felt faster after an oil change and a car wash. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
AKA... in your mind. I use to think my car felt faster after an oil change and a car wash. :grinpimp:
Ditto again…. Also I have heard if you go into deep water the intake is a bad idea. I am thinking of replacing mine with a snorkel in the future. I don’t have much to worry about though, I live in a dry parched arid place called phoenix.:beer:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I use to think my car felt faster after an oil change and a car wash. :grinpimp:
You mean it doesn't go faster? I swear mine does ;)

I also have an Airaid intake and it definitely improves throttle response, and most probably picks up the performance a little. With a Magnaflow muffler, I really can't hear the intake, but the vehicle is pretty loud when you stand on the gas I've been asked a couple of times if there's a Hemi in it :shaking: :D

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Also I have heard if you go into deep water the intake is a bad idea.
I've ran through 42" of water without an issue, (well, apart from flooding the interior and trunk). I do run an Outerwears cover just to be on the safe side though. It won't help with total submersion, but will help prevent the stray splash or two.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I've ran through 42" of water without an issue, (well, apart from flooding the interior and trunk). I do run an Outerwears cover just to be on the safe side though. It won't help with total submersion, but will help prevent the stray splash or two.
Thanks for this info.:bounce:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Has anyone ever run the S&B intake? I was looking at either that or the AEM if I decide to go with a dry filter.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hmmmm... louder? Wonder what mine will sound like with the straight Magnaflow muffler I have now? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
FWIW My intake air temp runs about 20°F hotter than the ambient air temp when on the freeway with the Airaid intake. Anything from 40-70°F hotter when around town.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just installed the AEM kit. Based on MY butt dyno, there is a small difference. Running it in conjuction with a magnaflow exhaust (Cooltech kit) and it sounds and runs better than stock. :bounce: Big differnce...NO! but enough to make me :) Definitely like exhaust a whole lot better than when I had the stock intake.

FWIW My intake air temp runs about 20°F hotter than the ambient air temp when on the freeway with the Airaid intake. Anything from 40-70°F hotter when around town.
This would make a great justification for an AEV hood :D Now if I can just find someone to ship one to me for decent price to Hawaii:shaking:

·
Registered
449 Posts
the sound doesnt really matter, but i might look into the airaid, seems to be the choice here.
Before you order one check out A&A auto. I got mine there and it was cheaper than I could find online.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
the reason I went with an airaid was the free throttle spacer they were giving away at the time.
another HP gimmick that doesn't work or makes such a small difference its pretty much nonexistent, but most of the intakes are pretty much the same design and same price so I went with the one that came with the $100 freebie.:bounce:

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i ended up with a AFE. 4wd was having a sale at the york jeep show and that was the only one they had there so i got it, its def loud and seems to give me a bit more power around the 2000-2500 rpm range so far, i think it helps i have a non-stock exhaust

1 - 20 of 46 Posts