JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us end up with a lot of money invested in our vehicles. If stolen or totaled we want more than a few thousand above book value from our insurance company.

I figure that with an LS, 6L80 trans, dynatrac axles, etc it would cost me 90k to replace my rig. My main insurance company (USAA) will only go 5000 above book value. On the recommendation of some folks from the Mile High Jeep Club I went with American Family Insurance. I have recently been told by two people that they are horrible on paying claims. The first was a roofing contractor who said that they are the worst of all companies for paying for home roof damage. The second was my wives assistant whose uncle was an American Family agent who had sold a lot of policies in the town he lived in. He had to quit selling it because people got so angry with him when they had a claim and weren't taken care of.

So the question is have any of you found any companies that will insure for what it would cost to replace or repair our vehicles and who pay claims well?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I got an "agreed value" policy through Progressive....... i couldn't find anybody else at all who would insure it.... or even think about insuring it.

I'm sure there are some loop holes or areas that they could side step a claim but it is what it is....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Many of us end up with a lot of money invested in our vehicles. If stolen or totaled we want more than a few thousand above book value from our insurance company.

I figure that with an LS, 6L80 trans, dynatrac axles, etc it would cost me 90k to replace my rig. My main insurance company (USAA) will only go 5000 above book value. On the recommendation of some folks from the Mile High Jeep Club I went with American Family Insurance. I have recently been told by two people that they are horrible on paying claims. The first was a roofing contractor who said that they are the worst of all companies for paying for home roof damage. The second was my wives assistant whose uncle was an American Family agent who had sold a lot of policies in the town he lived in. He had to quit selling it because people got so angry with him when they had a claim and weren't taken care of.

So the question is have any of you found any companies that will insure for what it would cost to replace or repair our vehicles and who pay claims well?
Hey Chuck,

I had good luck getting mine insured through Travellers. They let me add the swap & accessories to the value of the Jeep. I also added my wife's accessories that I put on her Jeep which was just $ 5,000.00 opposed to $ 20,000.00 on mine. You should get a good rate living in a smaller town.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I posted in the other thread but I finally found an insurance company that will insure my extra's on my jk on top of the actual vehicle replacement cost. I have 30k additional coverage on my jeep plus full coverage on a 07 grand caravan for roughly 2k a year. The company is QBE.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Haggerty does policies for agreed cash value. You are basically taking out a policy for a max value. If you want to pay premiums on the full value that is the way to go.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I just googled American Family Insurance and I suggest you do the same. I googled American Family Insurance Colorado". You may change your mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts