JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need to mention that the factory headlights on JK are miserable ineffective trash.

So, what are reasonably priced options to remedy this issue? I know I'm not going to be able to fix this with a twenty-spot, but not spending 6 or 700 bucks for replacement would also be nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have always used a company called DDM tuning for all my HID's I bought some for the jeep but have yet to install them. The are really reasonably priced.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm going to completely ignore the "inexpensive" part of the title . . . I have HID's in Daniel Stern housing and it is one of the best mod's I have done. Bright + even light . . I only get flashed crossing the everglades in the middle of the night by civics/low cars.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The IPF H4 conversions are a great bang for the buck as well for $150 out the door. Worlds better than the stock lamps.

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Just installed a set of 55 watt hi/low 6k DDM HID's and I'm blown away at how much better I can see. I did some quick aligning for now and took a test drive without any issues with blinding oncoming drivers or blinding people in front of me at traffic lights. I will be doing a thorough aiming next per Daniel Sterns instructions. Seriously one of my best mods for the money to date.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have always used a company called DDM tuning for all my HID's I bought some for the jeep but have yet to install them. The are really reasonably priced.
Just installed a set of 55 watt hi/low 6k DDM HID's and I'm blown away at how much better I can see. I did some quick aligning for now and took a test drive without any issues with blinding oncoming drivers or blinding people in front of me at traffic lights. I will be doing a thorough aiming next per Daniel Sterns instructions. Seriously one of my best mods for the money to date.
Like others have said the DDM tuning 55 watt kit is great. It is plug and play and is 1000 x better than the stock lights. I've used DDM tuning in all my vehicles for the past few years and they have all been great. I actually switched to the truck lights and they are good but not as bright as the DDM's. When you figure you can get the DDM's for under $100 its hard to beat them.:beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
What would one need to buy other than the 55w DDM kit? Do you use the OEM reflector? Is there a better "inexpensive" option?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
What would one need to buy other than the 55w DDM kit? Do you use the OEM reflector? Is there a better "inexpensive" option?
DDM H13 55w 6k hi/lo is all you need. They work great in the factory housing. You can also opt for the 35w set up.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Looking at the ddm tuning site now:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

55 watt
H13 Hi/Low bulb type
Cant decide between 6K or 8K....
should you get mounting brackets?
should you get HID harnesses?
should you get error eliminator?
are adapter cables required?
Don't get the brackets as there is really no place to use them. The kit your looking at comes with the power harness to the battery so no need for the wire upgrade. I didn't use error eliminstors and so far so good. No adapters needed, plug and play. I went with 6k to stay away from the tuner blue look.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Would any of these HID kits work in IPF housings? I already have them and didn't keep the stock housings.

Rob

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 32 Posts