JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..

I am right in the middle of my move to HSV.. movers will be here in the AM to load up here in Miami.

I already drove my tow rig up to HSV a few weeks ago and will driving up the Man-Van Wednesday night to parents house in Atlanta to pick up Jenna and the baby.

Both of our Jeeps are still going to be in Miami at a secure location but plans to have them brought up here are falling through a bit and I am looking for other options to get them both up to HSV.

Its a long shot but does anybody here have a 2 car trailer that I could rent or borrow in the next couple weeks to take down to Miami and back? I have 2 spare 8 lug rims and good tires I would trade for the use or $$ if that what it comes to.

Just trying to lay out all my options.

Thanks.

:beer:

· Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll drive them up for the price of a plane ticket and you pay gas. Has to be next weekend, this one is Jeep Beach.
Thanks for the offer Ef!!

Trying not to have to drive them.. RubiKong is not gonna be fun to drive 800 miles and the fuel bill on that alone would be enough to cover enclosed transport! LOL!!

The blue one would have no problem doing the drive but trying to keep the miles off of it since its for sale and if I am going to tow one, might as well tow both if I can.

Thanks again for offering up your time.. I appreciate it alot! :beer:

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
I don't blame you, I was invited to a wedding in N. Idaho in July. I was contemplating taking two weeks off work and drive up stopping in Utah (Moab, SLC/Teraflex), and maybe explore Idaho a little and then I crunched the fuel numbers. LOL Yeah, that card, stamp, and check will seem like a steal compared to the 800 dollars in fuel.

· Registered
586 Posts
i could probably store the smaller one in my garage if it comes to that.

then either i can drive it up, or u come get it later?

· Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have both of them at Sergio's house.

Still need to figure out how to get them up to HSV... Might have to go get them one at a time with a single car trailer. I think Smurf can fit on a U-Haul but no way is mine gonna fit on one of those.

We are at my parents house in Atlanta and going to the new house in HSV on Saturday. Let the fun begin!

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I have both of them at Sergio's house.

Still need to figure out how to get them up to HSV... Might have to go get them one at a time with a single car trailer. I think Smurf can fit on a U-Haul but no way is mine gonna fit on one of those.

We are at my parents house in Atlanta and going to the new house in HSV on Saturday. Let the fun begin!
Can't help with the trailer situation.
But, if you want somebody to ride down to FL with ya, and drive one of the Jeeps back, I will offer my services. Been looking for an excuse to take some time off of work.

AMP

· Registered
1,260 Posts
Don't know if you have looked into it. But I had my jeep shipped from West Palm to Myrtle Beach, SC for either 350 or 400 bucks. Well worth it. I can't remember who did it. But someone from Lauderdale contacted me. I guess these shippers bid on the job. But yea no shit 350-400 is what I had mine done for. Honestly I believe it was 350. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.