JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...2008 Jeep Wrangler JK. Won’t start. Drove to work one night everything’s fine. Go to drive the next day it started up and died 2 seconds later. Did that 2-3 times finally nothing happened. Won’t turn over at all. All my lights come on and nothing dims when I turn the key. I’ve tried many things...Cleaned the terminals, Tried jumping it off, put a meter on all my relays, replaced the starter, replaced the ignition switch, checked the plastic actuator pin inside the key cylinder while I had it taken apart. If I turn the key to the On position and jump the starter solenoid it will turn over but won’t crank. And when I turn the key on I can hear the fuel pump cut on.

My last thought is maybe the PCM took a dump on me and I’ll have to replace it. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 08 will do something similar. Try opening up the TCM and wiggle/push down I all of the relays and fuses. Then attempt to start it. I replaced 2 batteries before figuring out it was the tcm going bad.

Do the same thing to the plugs on the outside of the TCM to make sure nothing is loose there.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Running for 2 seconds then shutting off is typical of a Wireless Control Module (WCM) not recognizing the key. I don't know if repeated tries will cause it to eventually do nothing.

Have you tried another key?

Pull up on the J13 fuse, then push it back down. If the WCM needs resetting, that will do it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have an '08 and the exact same thing happened to me. The dealer tried to re-program the key to the Jeep, but it wouldn't work as the transponder was toast. I ended up having to buy a new key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts