JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great News!
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.
-Your Admin Team

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts

ummm

So, I have no certificate with your public key nor am I being offered anything at all from https:///www.jkowners.com/forum that's been signed by a trusted CA...you may have acquired an SSL cert but you now have to configure your website so that the clients (us) which access the site get automatically directed to the "HTTPS" version versus the current ,non-secure page.

:jeep2:

·
Banned
702 Posts
So instead of telling us you're activating HTTPS, how about you just tell us when it actually works. This way you won't receive the replies you have since you posted this.

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
yep;
this is all great @Admin !

However, as is being pointed-out, our avatars and other previously embedded image and content that the profiles we all have which used embedded HTTPS images are seemingly gone.

Have you disallowed ( default) the mixed-passive display content permit so that our profile </URL> content is no longer being permitted since things such-as avatars and background images were generated on the old, non-secure page via HTTPS? This could have been isolated with a mixed-content pre-scan or an HTTPS Checking crawl prior to the switch to HTTPS?

I ask because as has been pointed-out; the site - image-wise- is utterly fubar'ed at present.

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
yep;
this is all great @Admin !

However, as is being pointed-out, our avatars and other previously embedded image and content that the profiles we all have which used embedded HTTP images are seemingly gone.

Have you disallowed ( default) the mixed-passive display content permit so that our profile </URL> content is no longer being permitted since things such-as avatars and background images were generated on the old, non-secure page via HTTP? This would have been isolated with a mixed-content pre-scan or an HTTPS Checking crawl prior to the switch to HTTPS?

I ask because as has been pointed-out; the site - image-wise- is utterly fubar'ed at present.

Even this post doesn't show correctly unless you intentionally put a strike through throught the second half of it. I am leaning towards you didnt-lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Even this post doesn't show correctly unless you intentionally put a strike through throught the second half of it. I am leaning towards you didnt-lol

that MAY be unrelated, @Fklein678

I say that because I am using desktop ( I never use Tapatalk for mobile ,either) & on Mozilla Quantum - or any browser - I do not see my posted comment with its latter-half striked-thru as you describe ...

this screen-grab is the same as I see on my mobile as I do on my desktop:

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
that MAY be unrelated, @Fklein678

I say that because I am using desktop ( I never use Tapatalk for mobile ,either) & on Mozilla Quantum - or any browser - I do not see my posted comment with its latter-half striked-thru as you describe ...

this screen-grab is the same as I see on my mobile as I do on my desktop:

Could be a tapatalk snafu. Only way I usually access.

I just want the pics fixed

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
yup, we all do.
hang-in there, gang.

Hey, @Admin

check out my reply to @ExWrench on his thread about the site issues....

EDIT: I went & verified that all the usual images everyone appears to have lost are also displaying - for me at least- with the Classic forum skin disabled and the newer skins enabled. So are the avatars.

This has to do with the use of the Classic JKOwners.com skin, I am thinking....

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup, we all do.
hang-in there, gang.

Hey, @Admin

check out my reply to @ExWrench on his thread about the site issues....

EDIT: I went & verified that all the usual images everyone appears to have lost are also displaying - for me at least- with the Classic forum skin disabled and the newer skins enabled. So are the avatars.

This has to do with the use of the Classic JKOwners.com skin, I am thinking....

Hey there,

So the classic skin issue is known and will be looked into.
Any images being linked from a site that isn't HTTPS won't show on Chrome or Firefox, they will show on Edge.
Unfortunately, there isn't a fix for this. All sites will be updating to HTTPS eventually so this won't be an issue down the line.

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts