JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im driving down the road and had to make an abrupt stop and a slight swerve. I stopped fine but in the process the latch on the tire carrier unlatched and the tire carrier swung open. Scared the shit out of me because I didnt know what the noise was. The tire carrier bent where its attatched to the bumper.
There was a post here with a number and ext. for shitty built. I called him a while back because my latch was jacked. Never got a response, I myself posted the correct ext. but I cannot find that post for the life of me. Can someone please help.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Moved to Dirty Laundry section.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
booo smittybilt and their supposed shitty product that i have no problems with!

sorry about what happened...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
There are too many variables when installing these that people can screw up to make them loose. It's not the best design for latching by far, but the only time mine has come loose was when my Jeep got a little air. It's since gotten their "fix bracket" that is supposed to remedy that.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I don't get it. You bought a cheap bumper made in China and you're complaining about the quality? Poison Spyder and your troubles are over.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
anyone want to buy my smittybilt rear and tire carrier? lol

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It's since gotten their "fix bracket" that is supposed to remedy that.
I put the bracket on about a year or so ago and haven't had a problem since.

I have to say, each time I had to call, their customer service was excellent...but you get what you pay for. Spend a little more on a quality product and you're less likely to have to call a customer service number.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
/\ communist nation!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't get it. You bought a cheap bumper made in China and you're complaining about the quality? Poison Spyder and your troubles are over.
I paid almost $800 for the bumper/tire carrier, to me that isn't cheap.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Hey now, mine was $300 brand new, I got a good bang for buck! :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts