JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's one of those things that seems like it'll be great, but could easily go wrong fast...

I've been off-roading for years. My wife and I met on a trail ride... she was seeing someone else. We crossed paths again a couple years later and hit it off. She's been on trail rides left and right for many years... lately, she quit coming. Just wasn't into it any more.

Sunday was our local "Sweetheart Ride" where they encourage the wives to drive. I figured, "WTF can go wrong?" I've ridden the property countless times and it's virtually impossible to screw up a fairly well-built four month old JK on those trails.

FUCKED UP BIG TIME...

3/4 through the ride I say, "How are you liking it?"
"It's fun, but there's no challenge. I'm going through everything, but it's not me, it's the Jeep. It's just too good."
This is where I hold my breath, trying to find her catch...
"When we build MY Jeep..."
I really have no fucking clue what was said after that. I was overwhelmed with excitement, fear, and stupification all in one shot.

So I called her out on it a bit later... and she was still adamant that she wanted one.

Introducing my wife's very own Jeep...

A 2004 TJ Sport, bone stock. It genuinely feels like most of its miles came from being towed behind a mobile home. Everything is tight and the motor is ridiculously responsive. I'd forgotten just how much torque they packed into a 4.0!

The plan is a budget boost, 33s, 8.8 rear, and lunchbox locked XJ high pinion D30, 4.10s in both.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for $8500 I'm keeping it for at least a few years. :beer:

I get your point, though. Things have been very rough for us lately. I'm hoping getting on some trails in her own vehicle will get some confidence back and having something we can do together should help "us" pull out of this shithole slump we're in.

We've already spent at least an hour every day talking about how we're going to do it. The next step is to get her involved in the actual work... any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nice Jeep, I love the color.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That didn't take long... went out to the garage to see what she was doing...

she already removed the little fender extensions along the rocker as well as the steps. Proud moment for me!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
i think i would absolutely die if my wife made any kind of modification to either of our Jeeps. toss her a 4wd magazine or something similar and let her start picking out stuff.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i think i would absolutely die if my wife made any kind of modification to either of our Jeeps. toss her a 4wd magazine or something similar and let her start picking out stuff.
That is how I make my birthday and christmas wishlist, hand her the catalog with folded corners and sharpie circles.

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Damn nice Jeep, it looks new. I'm offshore but one day I'm going to get over to one of ya'll's meetings! Your wife may really surprise you with her wrenching abilities. If she likes it, look out! Congrats to you both! :)

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
1/2 doors, sweet! Congrats, itll be fun for you guys to hit some trails in that baby with her wife driving.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mean like less than the JK, right... ;)
I guess I should have clarified... I'd forgotten how much torque they packed into 1,000 RPM of a 4.0. Hehe :thefinger:
My '12 JKU all armored up would still tear the ass out of this thing, but it definitely has some bounce from a stop.

She picked out her front bumper a few days ago... PSC BFH with the comp stinger.:bounce:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.