JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I have your attention, anybody else ever deal with this? About a month ago I would have to clean a couple of pinecones off the top of my battery every week or so. No big deal. So I went out of state for a week and a half. Noticed a pile of shavings under the jeep after I returned. Really glad I checked under the hood before running it, the passenger side cat was covered as well and could have caused a fire.

Best way to keep squirrels out? Cant really shoot him, left all my guns with dad in Texas. Really missing my 22 bolt gun with subsonics. Only seen the squirrel once or twice so I think that would just be a pain in the ass anyways. He doesnt mess with my truck.

I think it's just one, but it might be a whole damn herd.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Little Bastards. I had the same problem before. Biggest snapping rat trap you can find will work. Just make sure you bolt it down somehow. The first ones I set disappeared.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Down heah we sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the place. Works like, well it works like pepper spray as soon as they snort it. You ever hear a squirrel sneezing continuously up in a tree? Then when you kill it and skin it, throw it in the pot because it's already seasoned. :grin2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down heah we sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the place. Works like, well it works like pepper spray as soon as they snort it. You ever hear a squirrel sneezing continuously up in a tree? Then when you kill it and skin it, throw it in the pot because it's already seasoned. :grin2:
Living up to your name.

The funny part is, I was in New Orleans on a work trip when this happened, and I bought quite a large amount of cajun spices.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Fuckin rats here... opened the glovebox and found the dirty little varmints had started chewing stuff... as well as a roll of shop towels behind the seat. Got up in my girls Corolla engine bay too.. eating pecans on top of the battery. But rats not squirrels. Glue trapped a couple and poisoned a couple more but I still hear the lil fuckers so... ugh.

Reactions: Muvovr

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Our neighbor freaked out when I told her about my killing spree. I knew a long time ago that she was a a little weird but I never realized how mentally fucked she was until recently. "Well can't you relocate them?? They deserve life!". Geeze... "Well no, you silly idiot. I'm not gonna live-trap rats... Sorry, but they need to be destroyed." Plague-ridden vermin but I'm supposed to accommodate them or at least validate their right to live and make sure that they aren't inconvenienced too severely... No joke. Same woman that presented a point to me, that grass screams out in pain when people mow their lawns. I don't talk to her very often anymore.

Squirrels I can live with... rats and libs, not so much.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Stub, that's a great neighbor. You are living in Austin though so what do you expect.

I've had mice make a home inside my air box before. Took my shop rags and made a nice little bed. Chewed the air cleaner a bit. Thank God for routine maintenance. Same instance they ate the plastic grill that's on the inside of the swing gate. Left some granola/protein bars in the back.

On my wife Edge, they made a home between the cylinders and engine cover. I check her car over after I saw what they did to the Jeep.

Now, I have something in my attic. They were there during the summer. But now that it is cooling off there is something living above my bay window. Can't sleep on the couch anymore without some chewing noise.

As for your problem. Cayenne pepper. Put a bit in hot water and let it dissolve and put inside a spray bottle. Spray that on everything you want them to stay off of. Works pretty dang good.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Squirrels I can live with... rats and libs, not so much.

Reminds me of my neighbor at my former home. He was the worst of everything I abhor. The worst being an OCD Libtard. I fucked with him a lot using his OCD. My best move was to wait at least one or two weeks after he cut his grass to cut my grass at our property lines. Then when I would cut it, for some reason I just couldn't cut a straight line and of course he would have to endure that plus the height of my grass compared to his. I miss that. >:)

Reactions: Turk and wildchild

·
Registered
682 Posts
had the little bastards chew a good portion of wire harness out of a camaro we had and built a nest much like the one you had under the hood.

dried blood (available at garden centers) keeps them away pretty good. it is used for flower beds etc.

of course you could just invite Rubi over for dinner, when he gets there tell him it's BYO squirrel and show him the way to your Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
What animal constantly fucks with shit that's not theirs, has beady little eyes, has no respect for how hard humans work, comes out in droves when it can get a free meal and a place to stay, destroys and defecates all over everything, doesn't contribute to the economy, and is a plague on the face of society?

Fucking liberals.

Oh yea... and rats.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
What animal constantly fucks with shit that's not theirs, has beady little eyes, has no respect for how hard humans work, comes out in droves when it can get a free meal and a place to stay, destroys and defecates all over everything, doesn't contribute to the economy, and is a plague on the face of society?
:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, cleaned out my jeep, 2 days later it's a nest again.

Caught it in the act this morning. It was being territorial and when I opened the hood it was standing there on the motor screaming at me. He ran under the engine cover so I pulled that off and now its chilling on top of my transmission or something. Think it might be planning to have babies there or shack up for the winter. Going to try out mothballs. I should also be able to get the jeep in the garage tonight.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Well isn't he cute.

"Hey asshole... Get away from my mobile-home" - squirrel probably

If the mothballs don't work. You could always fire up some gas-bombs. Light 'em and close everything up. Idk how well they would work in your situation and I know that they contain sulphur so I'm sure it'll leave a stink but might take care of the issue.

I heard rat(s) running along the rafters in the garage last night and that's after setting a live trap. Trap door is still open so nothing yet. But glue traps don't hold these guys and they don't take the kill-bait anymore.

If anyone could tell me why I can't find D-Con rat-bait anymore in stores, I'd love to hear what's up. Every place I go I can't find it anymore and at least one other brand they don't seem to like.... ugh!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you're dealing with a very sick minded animal here. Recommend you get a dog who doesn't belong to PETA. Problem gone.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just a thought. Is this a red squirrel? those tend to be very territorial and will not stop trying to get back to "their" house
they have chewed through walls to get back into houses

you may have to get a pellet gun or something and sit up and wait for him

1 - 20 of 25 Posts