JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to sell my AEV hood, freshly painted, no scratches, dents or dings. I get a message asking to sell it for $750 on here. I agree and we exchange numbers. With in the last week, the person stopped responding and wouldn't set up a date and time to meet. So after trying for a couple days, I figure he just bowed out. So I take off the pending status. Another guy contacts me and we get every thing set up to meet today.... Well, I get a text this morning that he has changed his mind..... And another one, same situation, via email. My question is, what the fuck is wrong with these fucking people!!! Don't commit to a buy and blow the guy off after you have already set a date and time.... This shit is happening way to much lately....

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Hey, I need your e-mail address so I can arrange to buy your hood and then blow you off... :thefinger:

Sign of the times, man.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not the best way to start your new year. Sorry to here that but sometimes life SUCK. Hope you have a better rest of the year and good luck with the sale.

Now go do some wheeling in your Jeep, that will make you feel better.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You've got an AEV hood for sale? I might be interested in acting interested and then not buy it. Sorry, I had to. GLWS

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I never take a potential sale seriously. Let that person know right off the bat. "First come first serve" if somebody shows me the $$$$ first, it's theirs. It's not your job to chase after these idiots.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I can empathize.

In canada it's kijiji
Here its craigslist

And forum interactions seem to be going the same route.
Lots of blown off appointments, bullshit excuses tire kickers and scammers.

Unfortunately that online distance has dissolved manners, ethics and courtesy.

Thats one saving grace of ebay. You bid, pay up mofo.

Good luck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Probably spineless guys that commit when they see it and then their wife shuts them down.

Either way, if they need to ask for permission like a 4th grader, then they should commit to anything. I agree with KJeeper. First come first serve, don't give them 4 opportunities to buy it.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I agree with both of you, but people have held stuff for me( but I also put a down payment on it) and one of the people is a member here.... And a new member at that. And he acts like he's fucking 12! Blames me for his lack of communication and his reason to backing out.... Fucktard!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have over $2000.00 bucks in tires for sale right now .I have had the same thing happen to me over and over . I have already dropped the price to $ 1000.00 , and I get calls from people that want to pay less . I'll keep them before selling them for less than half price .I even had someone come over , use my garage , my compressor , air tools , floor jack to try the tires for size , and not buy them .People are generally real jerks . When you find a good decent person , make them your friend . Good people are hard to find .

·
Registered
59 Posts
I feel you man, I hate it when people do that crap. Especially when you tell someone no, someone has already said they would buy it. People throw away their integrity for so little nowadays.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, I wouldn't have let them put the rims and tires on. I would have smacked the shit out of him..... Maybe not, but I wouldn't have been very nice about it. and yeah, grown up can be a big bunch of cryin ass bitches...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same issues when I was selling my Harley and a few guns back in January. They'd waste your time asking all this info and then make excuses about why they back out or just don't commit at all. Screw people man

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, maybe I spoke to soon. I paid Wednesday, he said he'd get it out on Saturday. Saturday came and went and no reply. Then I get a message saying he shipped it Monday but will have to give me the tracking later..... Well.... It's Thursday and still no tracking, yet this fucking guy comes and cruises the forum.... I'm about to file a PayPal claim if I don't get any info by tonight.... Some fucking people shouldn't sell things. Don't sell shot if you can't have enough business ethics to make sure the deal goes smooth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts