JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long story but when I bought my 4 door JK over two years ago I had issues with the top 4 days after buying it. The dealer refused to warranty it so I was stuck with a top that had rips in it (the stitching was loose and fell apart). I complained to Jeep, the BBB Association and wrote certified letters to the President and VP of the dealership but nothing ever happened. I had pictures documenting it and everything.

Recently I took my Jeep in to get a recall done along with getting a horn issue fixed. They were going to look at the top for leaks and once they saw how bad it was they said they would warranty it! I was blown away. Obviously I went to another Jeep dealership because after my experience with the one I purchased it from I swore never to go back there.

Anyways, I'm excited that someone is finally taking care of this. It's been a sore spot since I bought my Jeep. I drop it off tonight and they put the new top on tomorrow.

Woohoo!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Congrats; now go back into the original dealer and slap the taste from their mouths!:devil:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah, some dealers just don't give a crap...:pissed:

glad you are finally getting the new top you deserved in the first place...:)

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Yeah glad to see it turn out like it should have from the beginning. + 1 for the good guys:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I was so bitter about this. My Jeep was the first new vehicle I had ever purchased. It was so obvious they prepped the vehicle wrong. There were parts to the top missing, one piece broken, the bars were in the wrong spots and the stitching was loose. Even the salesman said that the other side was going to rip after I took it to him (which eventually happened).

I take responsibility for not thoroughly inspecting the vehicle when I picked it up...I guess my excitement got the best of me.

They will get what's coming. Right now dealers are struggling and the ones that operate this way will not be able to make it through.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
When we bought my wife's JK- we bought it on Saturday. On Sunday we noticed a tear in the rear window. So we went back to the dealer Monday morning. At first the service manager gave us a hard time saying "well how do I know you didn't cause the tear". After a bit of us arguing that we never removed the window or took the top down, or anything else that would cause the tear in the 1.5 day of ownership, he finally conceded. But then tells us that it will take a couple weeks to get a new one in. Our sales guy was there when the service guy said that. And our sales guys says "BS"- he walked out to the lot and took the rear window out of one of the JK's on the lot, and put it on my wife's :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked it up today. Woohoo!

I was a little nervous with the whole, "Chrysler is filing for bankruptcy" thing.

Mad props to Hollywood Jeep in Hollywood, FL for taking care of me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts