JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda new to wiring can somebody confirm whether this will work?

Basically, I'm trying to have my ignition switch overide the inverter on/off switch, so if I leave the switch engaged it doesn't kill my battery.

· Registered
399 Posts
As Venom stated, that work. Just make sure you get a relay that can handle the amperage. I have a 800 watt 1600 watt peak inverter, and at the full 800 watts will pull over 60 amps - peak can go over 130 amps.

I used a solenoid rated for 200 amps sustained instead of the relay, and 4guage wire. Install is the same.

:beer:

· Registered
6,372 Posts
He's putting it on the power switch in the inverter, not the main power lead so the current draw carried will be negligible.

But you're right, they do pull heavy current through the main power leads.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's putting it on the power switch in the inverter, not the main power lead so the current draw carried will be negligible.

But you're right, they do pull heavy current through the main power leads.
This was exactly my thinking. That was I don't have to have a heavy duty relay or switch.

Thanks for the replies. That fuse tap looks like it'll come in handy at some point as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.