JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plans now are Poison Spyder front and rear fenders, rear corners, Brawler front and rear bumpers with tire carrier, and brawler rockers. Think im going to do Dupli Color bed liner on them. Ordering all this stuff on Monday

Gonna rock that for a month or two then im not real sure on lift and all that yet but im thinking a Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over lift, 5.13 gears with ARB air lockers, on 37's, gusset and sleeve the front D30

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice start to your build:beer:

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
went with the 2.5 route...some cutting, decent shocks and posion spyder.... couldnt be happier with it at the moment.... just my $0.02

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Nice man!

What part of Austin are you in?

If you want to check out my JK I'm on a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift with 37s. No flares for reference at this point but I've got a little something in the works from Poison Spyder.

Taxes suck, but check me out before you order anything else. I'll hook it up and offset the taxes.

Marcus

·
Registered
402 Posts
Plans now are Poison Spyder front and rear fenders, rear corners, Brawler front and rear bumpers with tire carrier, and brawler rockers. Think im going to do Dupli Color bed liner on them. Ordering all this stuff on Monday

Gonna rock that for a month or two then im not real sure on lift and all that yet but im thinking a Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over lift, 5.13 gears with ARB air lockers, on 37's, gusset and sleeve the front D30

Let me know how beefing up that front 30 works over going with a prorock 44 or 60. I'm having a crisis over my front 30 and need to figure it out before I move ahead and and start giving Marcus alot of money. I got the cheapest 2dr I could within 100 miles of the Leigh Valley knowing I was going to build it. Now I say I should have got a rubi for the t-case and front 44. Oh well live and learn. Hope your build goes well and good luck. Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.

And I think 5.5 on 37's is fine. Looking lifted is cool and often over looked with the jk's. Everyone wants biggest meat and smallest lift. I say look lifted and build it accordingly.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I think this looks pretty damn good with 3.5 in and 37's figuring out the bump stops now. had to play with the steering stops abit and cut away a little fender inside the rear wheel well. But 5.5 will fit 40's with flat flares and that was to much for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go choice on the Poison Spyder stuff. I have PSC fender flares, Rocker Knockers, Body Armor, Rock Brawler Light front bumper.

·
Registered
866 Posts
went with the 2.5 route...some cutting, decent shocks and poison spyder.... couldn't be happier with it at the moment.... just my $0.02
Ditto. I am very happy with my set up.
RK 2.5" kit, Bilstein 5100's and 37's.
PSC crusher flares. and a little rear pinch weld trimming.
Also have the PSC Brawler lite front and Brawler rear.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I ran a 3.5 lift with 37s for 2 years I dragged my belly over everything
The low cog was cool but here in the east with the rocks the 3.5 was limiting where I could go
We are currently installing a Rk 5.5 on my jeep
I think it depends on the type of wheeling you do/plan to do

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I ran a 3.5 lift with 37s for 2 years I dragged my belly over everything
The low cog was cool but here in the east with the rocks the 3.5 was limiting where I could go
We are currently installing a Rk 5.5 on my jeep
I think it depends on the type of wheeling you do/plan to do
I'm running the 3.5" and 37's... Bringing it out for the first time July 4th weekend so I will have a report haha

Sent via your mom :beer:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts