JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If something does not belong to you, LEAVE IT ALONE. I just got this new tinted soft top not too long ago and someone on my college campus decides to place, without my knowledge or permission, a friends of coal vinyl sticker, a hello kitty sticker and a PETA sticker on my rear vinyl window in direct sunlight on a hot day. the adhesive from the latter two ate places of the window and the friends of coal one is now permanently bonded to it. I am beyond raging pissed. Has anything like this ever happened to you guys?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds like you got some pesky liberals sneakin around there. Yes, not to that extent of damage but one time while the family was in Santa Cruz CA some idiots wrote in the dust on our new Tahoe's back window something about Cali. (we have NV plates, so Im guessing they thought it was cool)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm a friend of coal. I burn a ton of it.

Update to the rant. the person admitted to it, didn't realized how much damage it caused

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
So many people these days ( the younger sect especially) have no ethics nor respect. They feel that if something will get a laugh then why not? Many of these idiots have no sense of respect for anyone else's property. Anything is fair game. They also have little fear of consequence, so again... why not? Many of these fuck-wads don't have any appreciation of hard-work. They have the world handed to them in many cases and have never learned anything besides self-entitlement. The world is filled with lazy morons and assholes.

Sorry that this happened to you. I'd be pissed too.

Now:

It IS possible that you can use some Flitz and a PowerBall on a low RPM drill or by using an orbital buffer to get these blemishes out. You need to make sure that the tool doesn't exceed 3000 rpm and you will need to tape along the edges so that you don't accidentally buff the soft-top material itself.

Shame that you can't just choke the assholes that did this until mommy and daddy come running up with the checkbook, but such is life. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Update to the rant. the person admitted to it, didn't realized how much damage it caused
Maybe show them this thread ( as it will likely garner several more replies).

Sorry if this dumb-ass is a friend of yours, but there's no excuse unless they are maybe 5 years old. How does someone not consider that the adhesive from a sticker is going to potentially damage plastic, vinyl, or even metal when you remove it.

I prank people all the time but I consider the possible repercussions and act accordingly. This was one that I did to a buddy's TJ spare tire recently...

No harm ( besides a hit to his ego) and it was funny that he cruised around for almost two days with no clue as to what was hanging from his Jeep. I also put some Barbie stickers on some diff-covers but I was giving them away for free and decided that they needed a little dressing up lol.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does this mean that I should not put a Virginia Tech sticker on the back of my buddy's Crush JKU? He went to JMU and hates Tech with a passion. Many luls would be had by the crew if I do. Please advise.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I took a buddies shift knob off and threaded a Bud Light Gay Rodeo tap handle I found on one time, nothing permanent. :thefinger: Put it on as tight as I could, he ended up driving around all day pissed because he couldn't get it off, but as I said it wasn't permanent. The world is filling with worthless shits lacking morals, the sense of respect and that of accountability. Hope you are able to get that crap off without damage.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
We pull this sort of shit all the time down here but we use magnetic signs for the gay pride and rainbow shit and if stickers are involved we only put them where no harm can be done. We've been known to go a little ape shit with pink duct tape on occasion too but again all in fun and without harm. Our crowd knows who is up to it usually and I don't think any one of us would extend outside of our known circles understanding that we might have a little more acceptance of such shenanigans v/s others. Does really suck when damage is caused though so in that regard I totally understand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I once had some punk kids "Oreo" my truck.... Covered head to toe with cream side down. Took me hours to get the Greese spots off that they left after washing. When I found who did it I got some friends together and we retaliated with dumping hairspray and glitter all over his rAnger. Things like this escalate quickly, so it's best to avoid them. On my 58 we have this stocker on the wind shield.
"Edit" pic won't load on app... Anyways it says " sniff but don't scratch, please do not touch. Hagerty"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The vehicle can't defend itself. You fuck with my vehicles you have a major problem on your hands.

Ask the guys I caught shooting paintballs at my Jeep in wally world parking lot. They made 4 mistakes:

1: shooting paintballs

2: Getting caught

3: Not knowing I had just bought a gallon of Kilz

4: Leaving their windows down

Bet they had a bitch of a time getting kilz outa their hair, seats, carpet, etc

Only wish I had pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts