JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice.....

I have a 2014 JKU automatic trans with 46,000 miles. For the last few months my Jeep has been idling a little heavy. I also have a noise what I think is coming from the engine when accelerating at slower speeds. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak sound coming from the engine but the exhaust is good and doesn’t have a leak. I cleaned the throttle body the other day but still have the noise. No codes or lights are on as well. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Banned
514 Posts
I am here with your solution.

Either A; the transmission mount plate has shifted, this is the easier fix. Go underneath and loosen off the 3 bolts that hold your transmission to the crossmember until the nuts are at the bottom of the bolt. (May need to move skids etc) then push upward on the transmission itself and towards the rear, you may feel the transmission slightly move, or you may not notice it. Retorque the mount bolts. If you are frail, use a jack lightly.

B; if the above doesnt solve the problem, start looking at your engine mounts. If the c is bent on side or another you may have to either hammer it back into place or replace with new mounts.

Try the transmission first. Any slight bump and these jeeps will not be happy, slight fender bender is all that's required to shift the transmission

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Aside from the above good T/S recommendations, maybe check the exhaust manifold under the heatshield as well as the heatshield covering it. Drivers side in particular known to develop hairline cracks...and spot welds on said shields can break loose and rattle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts