JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to ask for some opinions and such.
Here are 2 photos of my first Jeep. One is the day I got it home, and the other is how it looks today.
I will be 95% street use, and 5% off road, so I have no desire to build it much beyond how it is now. I do however want to lift/level it. I've seen a couple kits out there (1 3/4-2 inch leveling kits/budget lifts) some come with shocks, some come with shock extention brackets, and some don't come with anything other then the hockey pucks.......
Any suggestions on this?

As you can see in the one photo, its a sport model, so nothing extra. Given my plans for off roading are minimal should I consider the expense of locking either end at some point?

And yes I am a Walking Dead fan.........LOL
Fire away :flame:

Guess I should mention.......
tires/wheels are from a 2012 Rubicon as are the rock rails...
I have also installed a set of RC quick disconnects up front. De-badged it a little and re-badged it to make it my "theme rig". Turns heads and gets a smile off a lot of people, and I have had some good comments overall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
What's your budget? Don't bother wasting thousands of dollars on lockers when it will spend 95% of it's life on the highway.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Leveling kit/pucks with shock extensions will be pretty adequate for awhile I'd imagine. Many people over-look the basis and think springs and shocks are whats going to make or break you off road. I ran on coil spacers, shock extensions and 35s for a good long while..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts