JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Great idea. Wished it was an option. Dog hair is a pain in the ass to remove from the carpet.

· Registered
81 Posts
I bought a bed liner kit form Pep Boys and rolled it on in my CJ5 about ten years ago it still holding up. But if you guys are interested in installing a bed in your jeep, I know Olympic is working a something they call the Jeepersleeper it was on display at Easter week safari. I got on it an fell asleep, woke up five minutes later and wasn't sure where I was for a couple of seconds. Its that comfortable. I'm not sure if you can see pictures of it any where yet, if anyone is interested I will see what I can fine out for you.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
I bought a bed liner kit form Pep Boys and rolled it on in my CJ5 about ten years ago it still holding up. But if you guys are interested in installing a bed in your jeep, I know Olympic is working a something they call the Jeepersleeper it was on display at Easter week safari. I got on it an fell asleep, woke up five minutes later and wasn't sure where I was for a couple of seconds. Its that comfortable. I'm not sure if you can see pictures of it any where yet, if anyone is interested I will see what I can fine out for you.
That is fantastic news!

· RIP Brad
2,898 Posts
I too would have taken that as a factory option... although, over the years, I have found the floor of my jeep never rusted... even with all the paint that was worn through to bare metal (maybe 35% of it?)... and I live in a rust collecting environment. Maybe it isn't necessary, unless you are shooting for a look?

· Registered
26 Posts
I too would have taken that as a factory option... although, over the years, I have found the floor of my jeep never rusted... even with all the paint that was worn through to bare metal (maybe 35% of it?)... and I live in a rust collecting environment. Maybe it isn't necessary, unless you are shooting for a look?
more than just a look

its also a bit of a thermal barrier,sound proofing and provides some traction for your feet and loose objects on the floor

and yes if it was a factory option i would defiantly be checking that box

· Banned
7,451 Posts
What the fuck does all that have to do with a carpet delete option? Is that stuff you slept on for 5 minutes before it changed your whole life and made you forget where you were a spray on product? Is it also known in some circles as tequila? And who the fuck falls asleep in 5 less than minutes? For fucks sake, Corky could have written a more clever cover story to hawk a product than that. Seriously.

You should wash your mouth out with a 12 gauge for posting this shit.

Edit :

-4 reviews. LMAO.

· Premium Member
3,218 Posts
more than just a look

its also a bit of a thermal barrier,sound proofing and provides some traction for your feet and loose objects on the floor

and yes if it was a factory option i would defiantly be checking that box
Actually, when you remove the carpet and use spray in or roll on bedliner it allows more sound in the cab and more heat in the cab.

The carpet does a much better job of keeping sound and heat out....but I still like my bedlined floor better. Carpet just sucks.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't help but think that the price of bedlining a Jeep from the factory wouldn't cost anymore than putting carpet in it. After all, they could shoot the entire tub before they installed any of the interior, electronics, etc.

As for the sound deadening or lack there(compared to carpet)...I hardly noticed any difference when going from carpet to my Monstaliner. It does get a little warmer on the feet than carpet with no floor mats, but that's no big deal.

I think there are very few people who have bedlined their Jeep and have regretted doing it. I could be wrong though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.