JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got all kinda things coming off my battery and i want to clean it up.

i know my amp and winch stuff will have to stay.its the little wires that look bad.

idealy i want a 4-10 gauge wire coming off the post to something then it spreads that power to my accesories in a box or something. i dont want to spend a lot of money. so spod and the like are out of the question.

kinda like this

power in-acc-acc-acc-acc-acc-acc-ground

then i can run the power and the ground wire off that then to the switches.

what do i want to do?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You might look into the marine circuit protection products from Blue Sea:

And several different options from Cooper-Bussmann, such as these:

Cooper has other types and sizes of power distribution centers, so poke around that site for a while and you'll get some good ideas. The linked product is available in a configuration with 3 or 6 relays plus fuses. It is, I believe, the same product used in the black box switch system.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You might look into the marine circuit protection products from Blue Sea:

And several different options from Cooper-Bussmann, such as these:

Cooper has other types and sizes of power distribution centers, so poke around that site for a while and you'll get some good ideas. The linked product is available in a configuration with 3 or 6 relays plus fuses. It is, I believe, the same product used in the black box switch system.
Where can you purchase those bussman relay/fuse blocks? I've looked around and cant find them.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Where can you purchase those bussman relay/fuse blocks? I've looked around and cant find them.
Waytek Wiring, http://order.waytekwire.com/productdetail2/M50/46343/MINI FUSE AND MICRO RELAY RTMR/, $25.59

I have nothing against SPOD except the price. It's a great system, well designed and from the few I've seen, well made. I just don't see $400 worth of value in it. Of course if you have zero electrical skills and aren't willing to learn, maybe its worth it to you.

Dustin's "The Black Box" kit is much more reasonably priced at $220 plus the switch panel/bezel and switches.

If you add-up the price of the Bussmann Power Module, bracket, relays, fuses, wire, and expandable wire loom your parts cost is around $120. Then factor in at least a half a day on assembly if you've got some electrical experience, an entire weekend if not. So, in reality, $220 is a fair price for something that is ready to go and backed by expert technical support and a warranty.

·
Registered
496 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts