JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I dunno, personally I prefer the plastic tail light as a "crumple zone" to protect that beer can thin sheetmetal

saved me the very first time I took mine out wheeling way back when....

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I like that design better than the other ones I've seen that mount behind the light and transfer all the impact to the tub
and I do like the way they look.
I had made something like that for my old YJ out of 3/8" solid rod that bolted under the tail light screws

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
let me look when I get home I think I have some at the house. No screws though you will have to get those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have these, its more for the look than protection. paid way cheaper than that at CSEOFFROAD.

you can buy them off amazon through that company.
i love them

·
Registered
255 Posts
i have these, its more for the look than protection.
X2, I think with any impact that would cause the light to break without a guard, these guards would just cause them to break in a different way. Having said that, they were on my jeep when I bought it, and I think they look pretty snazzy, so I left em' on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
my brother backed his jeep into a tree on the trail and hit his light, didnt even put a crack in it... hit it pretty hard too. without the guards that is lol. he got lucky i guess

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
here they are, let me know if you want them.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have those on mine also. Buddy of mine got rid of his jeep and gave em to me. Free is always good! Don't know if they would do much good, but they do look pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts