JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a small military trailer to tow with the JK, just something to lug extra gear on the trail, camping etc. M100 or the like.

Well I saw an almost new M-332 trailer on a surplus auction site and it was sitting at $140. Nice high sides, etc - ok cool.
I looked at the dimensions, 148"x95"x54"- ok maybe a little larger than I was looking for, but eh, what the hell it's still pretty small, so threw a $200 bid on it figuring it would never fly and umm yeah, looks like I got it.

I go digging through the specs and realize this is an ammo trailer and one HEAVY DUTY MOFO!
2600#+ EMPTY!:eek::eek::eek:
Guess I shoulda looked at specs before hand!

So now it looks like I have a trailer that almost maxes out the 4d JKs towing capacity (and exceeds a 2D!) while EMPTY!
Maybe I can sell it to my dad to pull with his F-250 Superduty.

yeah...

can't wait to go get a pintle hitch and drive 4 hours to San Antonio to pick this beast up :shaking:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Stretch it out a tad and I bet you could put the JK in it. :laughing:

Will make for a nice yard trailer for the SD. :smokin:

·
Registered
900 Posts
2600 lbs. empty? What's it made of..........lead? :D

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2600 lbs. empty? What's it made of..........lead? :D
those nice high sides are 3/16" steel and the floor is thicker....

·
Registered
900 Posts
I suppose that makes a certain amount of sense for an ammo carrier. You wouldn't want a stray round to light off your cargo. :nuke:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a thought

Maybe you get it home, cut all the heavy metal off the top and rebuild a new platform on the chasis.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotta watch what you are bidding on :laughing:
do those also require an end user certificate?
yeah, I think that may be my loophole out
if I don't submit a completed EUC in 7 days then the sale is void and I only get charged 25% of the sale price.
I think $45 will be a great alternative to draggin a 1 1/4 ton money/time pit home

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
yeah, I think that may be my loophole out
if I don't submit a completed EUC in 7 days then the sale is void and I only get charged 25% of the sale price.
I think $45 will be a great alternative to draggin a 1 1/4 ton money/time pit home
find out what scrap is worth in your area first :laughing: cut out all the plate you can use for other stuff and scrap the rest

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
find out what scrap is worth in your area first :laughing: cut out all the plate you can use for other stuff and scrap the rest
I thought about that!
gotta be enough plate in that thing to make some killer skids!
But the prospect of driving 4 hours there and 5 hours home (dragging a mega trailer that I don't know the condition of) doesn't sound like fun, so I think I'll pay the $45 'I was stupid' fee and go on looking for my M100

·
Registered
176 Posts
trailer

hey if you dont want it let me know i would like to. ill give you the 200 bucks and go pick it up

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
That's a nice trailer, too bad on the weight... might be worth it to use the frame for build up though. Remove a leaf (or two) and then build frame up. Do you know what the weight is of just the frame?? Is it same thickness as the container?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts